10 - Consequences

I sat in a room. I had nothing with me. No extra clothes, no phone, no communication with anyone. Just me. Sitting in a room. At a Police Station. Alone.

I tried to get them to talk to me about dad but no one talked to me. Eventually it got pretty annoying. Finally, a woman came to me. "Hi darling. Would you please follow me?" She said in a southern accent. I nodded and followed.

We walked down a long hall full of rooms. I noticed officers all over the place. I looked in one of the rooms, and there sat dad and Sam. "Hey!" Dad yelled.

I think he noticed me.

"What are you doing with her?" He asked. "We are taking her to her new guardian. You can not take care of a child Mr. Rogers."

"Sure I can! I have been for years! You can't just take her!"

"Steve. . ." Sam started.

"No! I'm not going to let them!" He yelled. More police came into the room to hold him down. I started to cry.

God. Why have I been so emotional these past days?

Then it hit me. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this. Maybe I should just be normal. Maybe I should be sitting in a room laughing at 'ICarly' but instead I'm in another country with a father who, according to them, is a terrorist.

I noticed tears forming in dads eyes. I ran to him and gave him a hug. "You'll be okay." Dad said.

"No. I won't."

"Yes you will. I promise."

Then, a group of people came and picked me up. "NO STOP!" I yelled.

"Quiet girl."

"STOP!"

They pushed me out of the room and took me to the front. They handed me a backpack. "This is your new guardian." I looked up and. . . Why must the world hate me?

My guardian was Sharon.

We walked out of the police station. "Well, I guess it's just us."

"I need to go back."

"No. You don't. Just stay here. Okay?"

Then I had a plan. "Okay. But can I go check the shops downtown?"

She smiled. "Of course. Just make sure you have your phone on you." I grabbed my phone from my backpack and showed it to her, then put it in my pocket.

"Okay! Have fun!"

I walked until I was passed the corner and could no longer see her. I then sprinted down the street. I couldn't hold it back and tears leaked. I had to go and find dad.

I just needed to find where he was.

Steve Pov

I got out of the SUV and glanced across at Bucky, who unfortunately didn't see me. I approached Sharon with Sam, T'Challa, And Talia. She was standing next to a diminutive, gray- head man.

"What's gonna happen to him?" I asked.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man said.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduced.

"What about our lawyer?" I questioned.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Everett Ross said. "I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam said. As they left, I looked back and caught Bucky's eye. I then walked out on a covered sidewalk.