Chapter 17

Phil looked back down at Kristen's feet, they were already gone. He turned to his boys and saw that they were still playing in the meadow. They didn't even know what was going on. Phil hugged her more tightly. He just wished she could stay forever, but nothing lasts forever. It's just the cold hard truth, that one day things will leave and you can't do anything about it, but remember the memories you made along the way.

Kristen let out a little giggle. "Your hair is starting to bother me. Let me fix it."

Phil sat down in front of Kristen and let her braid it. He could feel her gently tug at the hair and carefully tie it together. He never knew how much he missed it until right now. Phil let off a smile.

"There," Kristen said, letting go of his hair. "now it's not a mess."

"Should I go get the boys?" Phil asked.

"No, let them have their fun." Kristen said, looking out at her boys.

Philza looked to where she was looking. Tommy was showing Wilbur and Techno the butterflies that followed him, there was a huge smile across his face. Phil looked back at Kristen and smiled. He knew that it was finally time to say goodbye.

Kristen stood up and outstretched her arms. Phil hugged her. The boys saw and ran over to give her a hug as well. The hug was warming and nice. It was something that they would never forget. Kristen looked back at Phil and smiled gently. Phil smiled back and let her kiss his forehead. She gave Wilbur, Techno, and Tommy a kiss as well. Each not wanting to let go of her.

Tommy looked up at his mom. "Are you leaving us again?" his voice sounded sad.

"No, Tommy, I will always be with you boys. Remember that, my son." She kissed him on the forehead and looked up at Phil.

Phil knew what was coming.

"I still remember the first day we met. How we landed in the same spot and you sang a song to me. Then I braided your hair. It was a day that we'll always remember. Now, today is a day that you'll never forget."

Kristen hugged her boys one last time before all off her fully vanished. The blue orb of butterflies flew up into the air and into the stars. The boys watched with amazement. They turned into more stars in the sky. Philza watched as Tommy yawned and picked him up. In his ear he could still hear Kristen's last words. She was right all along, today is a day that they will never forget.

"Come on boys, let's go home."