Chapter 7

The morning light shown through Tommy's window. It landed on Tommy's eyes, waking him up. He rubbed his eyes open and listened to the birds outside. He had always loved listening to their songs in the morning.

Tommy rolled out of bed and walked outside his room. He couldn't smell anything cooking, so he knew that no one else was awake. He walked out into the living room, his Henry still in his arms. Sitting down on the floor, he patiently waited for his father to wake. Tommy thought about going to wake his siblings up, but knew he might be pounded to the ground by Techno. He didn't want to be alone though.

Tommy could hear the huff of a cow outside. He sat up on the couch and looked out the window. A cow stood outside eating at the flowers, in the garden. He was memorized by it.

Tommy jumped down from the couch and grabbed Henry. He ran outside and over to the cow. The cow lifted his head, he looked over at Tommy. It walked over and smelled Tommy's hair. Tommy giggled. The cow let Tommy scratch his head.

"I'm gonna name you Henry." Tommy patted the top of Henry's head.

---

Phil woke to the sound of birds outside. He had always loved waking up to them singing their songs. He could also hear the huff of a cow outside. Then a muffled giggle came from outside. It sounded like Tommy's laugh.

Phil sat up in bed and knew that Tommy had probably gone outside to see the cow. Tommy had always loved cows. Everyone he saw, Tommy would try to pet it or make it moo. It had always made Phil laugh, but all he could do now was let out a a little giggle. Phil could hear Tommy's muffled talking to the cow. 

 Phil got up and started to walk out of his room, to go get his son. Walking into the living room, he saw the front door wide open and a cow outside the window. He could hear Tommy's giggles and talking. Phil had gotten outside to see Tommy putting a lead around the neck of the cow.

"Mate, what're you doing?" Phil giggled as he watched Tommy spin around with the biggest smile on his face.

"Dad, look, this is Henry." Tommy brightly said, his eyes almost seemed to sparkle.

Phil walked over and scratched Henry's neck. "Hello Henry."

"Can we keep him?" Tommy asked, his eyes still seeming to sparkle.

"We have no where to put him, Tommy. Also it's time for breakfast, come on." Phil reached down to grab Tommy, but Tommy pulled away and grabbed Henry's leg.

"No, we can't leave him." Tommy's bright eyes went away instantly and turned into fear.

"Mate, we have nothing to out him in. We don't have another stable for him. I'm gonna have to put him on a fencepost for now, until I can make a proper one for him." Phil put his arm on his knee, still sitting on the ground, waiting to pick up his son.

"So, you're not gonna get rid of him?" Tommy asked, the fear in his eyes slowly going away.

"No, we aren't getting rid of him." Phil smiled. "He's gonna have to wait on a fencepost until I get back to make a stable for him."

"Why can't we put him with the horses?" Tommy let go of Henry's leg and went into Philza's arms.

"Well, the horses will get out easier and I don't really want to deal with that." Phil picked up Tommy in his arms and tied Henry to a fencepost. Then he walked inside with Tommy. "So, what do you want to have for breakfast?"

"Sand waffles!" Tommy excitingly yelled.

Phil looked at Tommy and rolled his eyes. He had to stop Wilbur from teaching Tommy these things. 

"How about some regular waffles?" Phil said, a little annoyed with Wilbur.

"That sounds good too." Tommy said, burying his head in his father's chest.