Chapter One

Rose watched from the helicopter, as she saw all the people grow quickly in size, as the metal contraption came to a halt on the ground. Flying was completely comfortable for her, but the idea of being held in the air in a glass bucket with two tiny propellers didn't sit well for some reason. As soon as the craft touches down, Fury is opening the door, the blast of wind almost knocking Rose back into her seat. She smiled as she saw Agents Coulson and Hill approaching from the building. Rose couldn't hear over the propellers that were still running but waved to Coulson as he left to do whatever he was tasked with, before entering the facility with Hill and Fury.

"I thought Selvieg had explicit orders to not mess with the cube?" questioned Rose. Once they found out a few months ago her energetic powers were given to her by the Tesseract, Fury pulled the plug on the operation.

"He didn't, he wasn't in the room actually," started Agent Hill, "it just started surging. Once he figured out he couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac."

"If we think it's going to blow, is evacuation necessary?" questioned Rose again.

"Do you want to be the one to tell them to just go back to bed?" turned Fury, looking at the blonde with surprise. She was never one to just let a situation be. But her mind had been getting hazy again, they would need to put the chip in her head soon to stop the effects.

"Rose has a point, sir, if we can't control it there may not be a minimum safe distance," added Maria, trying to calm the situation.

"Well that will be for us to worry about," responded Fury before stopping the girls, "Hill, I need you to make sure phase two is shipped off location completely."

Phase Two. Rose hated that it came from her mind, but she didn't have the ability to stop Fury from digging in there when she was under the machine. She just wanted to forget. Forget Bucky, forget her sister, everything. But Fury cursed her to be able to remember as much as she could. But that caused her to forget her present. Maria noted the pained expression on the blonde's face, and squeezed her shoulder quickly.

"Is that really the priority right now?" asked Maria, knowing the technology could be easily remade, and no lives would be lost.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it plans to spin on," answered Fury, anger boiling up inside him, "Every piece of phase two is on a truck and gone Hill. Agent Carter, with me."

With that, Maria dismissed herself while Rose and Fury went to speak with Dr. Selvig. Rose zoned out of the conversation, focusing on the bright blue cube that was sparking a little whenever someone tried to touch it. She continued to stare, almost becoming mesmerized until she heard 'gamma radiation'.

"Gamma radiation?" asked Rose, coming back to the situation at hand, "That should be very concerning, doctor. Where's Agent Barton?"

"The hawk? In his nest," Selvig responds, pointing to a dark corner at the back corner of the ceiling. Seeing the conversation, Clint joins the party down on ground level.

"What's the story Clint?" asked Fury, about to turn into a fury with the lack of following orders that his agents were using.

"No traces of anything in or out," briefs Clint, looking at the director, "Even Selvig is clean. The only sign of anything interesting is Rosie showing up and getting into a trance a minute ago."

Clint smirks at his friend, before pulling her into a quick hug. He had been stationed in New Mexico for a few months to monitor the situation, so he hadn't seen her since Natasha had introduced them. Even though she was older than everyone in the room, he always joked she was new blood.

"So that means no tampering is coming from this end," concludes Rose, looking over the surge reports of the day.

"This end?" questioned Fury.