CHAPTER FOUR - June 2173 - Tranchilite / Osolieus

CHAPTER FOUR

June 2173

Tranchilite / Osolieus

...Tranchilite...

Rebecca arrived at the palace on the back of a Troglor. These four-legged animals have extremely hard heads with a pair of horns protruding from the top. They can be found running wild but this one had been tamed and was used, by the tranchillions, for transport. Rebecca's cloak billowed out behind her as she jumped down from the saddle, using her telekinesis to soften her landing.

The Justice was currently docked off-world as the emperor had reimposed his law of 'no polluting vehicles' after the recent civil war had calmed enough for all the Confederation's various armies to return to their own planets.

Rebecca handed the reins of the Troglor to a waiting tranchillion. "Thank you," she said.

The tranchillion nodded back and watched her walk towards the palace. Almost every tranchillion on Tranchilite knew who she was. Her bravery and her actions during the last storm, in which she had saved many lives, had earned her — a human — great respect amongst their people.

Rebecca had left her hood down. She didn't feel the need to conceal her identity. She considered everyone here her friends. Besides, there were no five-foot-nine tranchillions. They were mostly seven foot or taller. Except Capustri Carphide. She was the only six-foot tranchillion that Rebecca had ever seen.

She reached the palace entrance and saw a guard move towards her. She stopped short of him as he spoke to her.

"Hello, Miss Chambers. Are you here to see his majesty?"

"Yes."

"Follow me." The guard swirled around and strode ahead.

Rebecca had to walk fast to keep up with him and, after a few seconds, she lifted off the floor and propelled herself instead. That's better, she thought.

They were well within the palace, on the second floor, when another tranchillion, female this time, dressed in the fine flowing robes of the royal family, stopped them.

"Guard. Who is this?"

The guard had already bowed when he said, "Miss Chambers, your majesty. She has come to see the emperor."

"What do you want to see my brother about?" asked the female tranchillion.

"You must be Zeforth," said Rebecca. "Nice to meet you. I have come to ask for his help."

"How do you know my name?"

"I know a lot of things. I know that your brother and sister died. My condolences." Rebecca bowed her head. "So that only leaves yourself."

"Ah. You're the one who saved everyone." Zeforth waved her hand at the guard. "You may go. I'll take Miss Chambers to see my brother."

The guard bowed then hurried back to his post.

"Come." Zeforth turned around and started walking.

Rebecca kept pace with her.

"By my side. It's easier to talk," said Zeforth.

Rebecca propelled herself to be level with her.

"What sort of help?"

Rebecca already knew what role Zeforth was occupying so she answered her straight. "I'm hoping that you can help defend the Osolieus system."