CHAPTER NINETEEN - July 2173 - Osolieus / Ilumiumn

CHAPTER NINETEENJuly 2173Osolieus / Ilumiumn

...Osolieus...

Efacihip walked to the edge of the unused quarry, which had been reallocated by her mother as a safe place for Rebecca to train her recruits, and looked down upon the paladin knights training session.

"Don't get too close to the edge, your highness," said Eveaezic who was stood behind her. He had been assigned as her bodyguard now and was rarely out of her sight.

"I'm not going to fall in," she answered.

"You are a little close."

"I can't see them unless I'm near the edge."

"Why do you want to see them?"

"I'm curious to see what they can do. Stand beside me if you want to see as well."

Eveaezic moved beside her and looked at the activity below. "I can't see much. They're too far away."

"That's what these are for." Efacihip raised the binoculars she was holding and returned her attention back to the paladins. "Oh. She's coming."

Rebecca had propelled herself up towards them and landed softly next to Efacihip. "Can I help you?"

"I was just coming to see your training session, Paladin Chambers," said Efacihip.

"Then come down nearer to us," said Rebecca.

"Isn't that dangerous?" said Eveaezic. "Her majesty has entrusted Efacihip's safety to me."

"True. The reason we're training here is because it is safer than in the palace. But we're only training mind control and telekinetic abilities today. I'll keep them pointed away from you so no mishaps occur."

"Yes. I would like that," said Efacihip.

"Okay. Hold on." Rebecca rose off the floor again and telekinetically grabbed them. "This is the fastest way down."

Both osolites let out a little squeal as they lifted off the ground before hovering out over the edge of the quarry and descended rapidly to the training area. They all touched down near to the recruits who had all stopped their exercises due to the interruption.

"If you would like to sit over there, your highness." Rebecca pointed to an area at the edge of the training ground. "Any projectile training will be directed away from you."

"Thank you, Paladin Chambers," said Efacihip.

Rebecca walked away from them.

"This will be much better," said Efacihip. "We can see so much more from here."

Rebecca had rejoined her recruits. "Sorry about that. I thought it would be safer for them down here. I don't have to worry about either of them falling now. Back to your exercises."

This was now day six of their training. The first two had been fine but it became obvious that a more enclosed space was needed when a stray rock had narrowly missed an onlooking osolite which the krapite, Kai, had lost control of during an exercise. The queen had come up with the disused quarry at the edge of the city.

"That's it, Kai. You've come a long way," said Rebecca as she watched Kai's now accurate placing of his stones. "Now, let's try something a little more exciting. I have set up some targets at varying distances for each of you to hit. One rock at a time for a start. Like this."