Chapter 1 -- Making friends

Hiiiiiii! Welcome! Lol please forgive me if it’s not well-written. As you can see this is my first ever story. So please bare with my writing skills. Also, vote and comment!! Please enjoy this chapter and this is Brett ------------>

[ Brett’s POV ]

I was awaken by the sound of my alarm clock. Curse you, you little demon!! I groaned as I got out of my bed. I headed to the bathroom and did my morning routine. Wash my face, brush my teeth and fix my hair. Ugh. This is the day that I have to move to my dorm. It’s my first year in college and I really hope that it will be a blast. No drama, no shit, no nothing.

I turned the shower on and waited for the water to warm up. I let the warm water caress my skin in a soothing manner, leaving hot trails all over my body. After a thirty - minute shower, I walked out of the bathroom and fished out some clean clothes.

I wore a white button down shirt and a pair of burgundy chinos and my brown top-siders. I walked out of my room with my book bag and my suitcase. I headed to the garage and put my things in the trunk of my car.

After putting my things in the trunk, I walked back inside the house and went to the kitchen. The smell was heavenly, my mom was making my all time favorite. I sat in the dining room and waited for her to finish.

She placed three pieces of pancakes, four strips of bacon and a sunny side up egg on my plate. I know, I know! I am a pig when it comes to food. Hey! Don't get me wrong, I love living a healthy lifestyle. It's just that I can't resist my mom's cooking.

After eating, I placed everything in the sink and went back to the garage. I checked the engine of the car and the tires if they're still good. After who knows how long, I closed the hood and cleaned my hands with an old, white rag resting on the table near my car.

Ugh, I am going to miss this place. This is my home, where I will always be taken care of by my ever loving mother. Where I will always be loved.

“Mom, I have to go. I’ll call you when I get there, okay?” I shouted from the garage. She then popped out of nowhere. I shrieked, not the girly type of shriek though. “Mom!! Don’t ever do that again” I said as I wait for my heart rate to go back to normal.

“I can’t believe my baby boy’s in college.” She sobbed. “Don’t forget to eat on time, always take your MEDs, always -”

“Yes mom! I know, I know. Could I please go now? I need to catch the assembly thing in my dorm.” I cut her off then opened the door of my car. 

She sniffed. “Okay, okay. One last hug, please?” I gave her a big hug and sat in the driver's seat. When I am settled. I placed the key in the ignition and turned the key. The car roared into life and with that I drove off of the garage. 

The drive was enveloped by silence. Not having my mom blab about things was really weird. I was used to having someone to talk to when I'm driving. Now, I'm left with nothing. Okay, maybe that was a bit too dramatic but whatever. I miss my mom already, sue me!

I looked outside and saw the beautiful beach. The sun was about to set which what made it look more mesmerizing, breathtaking. 

After a long drive which took like forever. I arrived at the dorm and parked my car. I got out of the car and fetched my things from the trunk. I placed the suitcase and my book bag near the bumper of the car and closed the trunk.

I picked up my things and walked past all the people gathered around the dorm's entrance. I went straight to the lobby and looked for someone i could ask. Fortunately, I saw the information booth and walked staright to it. I asked the girl behind the information booth.