Chapter 22 -- Family

Hi everyone! It has been way too fucking long since i have updated any of my stories and I am truly happy and excited to announce that I have decided to write again for you guys. I know a lot of you decided to abandon my stories but I am the only one to blame here. Now that I am done with college and am working. I could see some spare time to write for you again. So anyway, I won't blab anymore and let you guys enjoy this new chapter.

[ Brett's POV ]

We headed out early just so we could get to my house as early as possible. My mom's party is going to be a dinner with some family friends and some relatives. The drive has been nothing but tiresome considering that I am the only one who knows how to drive in the bunch.

Well, to be completely honest even if someone knows how to drive I wouldn't let them because besides from Dylan, this car is my baby.

I groaned mentally realizing how gay that sounded. I glanced at the clock on the dashboard and focused back onto the road. This drive is a real pain in the ass but it will all be worth it in the end. I hope that my mom will forgive me from forgetting the most important day of the year—well at least for me; her birthday.

The traffic was surprisingly light and in about half an hour, we will be arriving at my house. Well, an hour before the party begins. I looked at the rear view mirror and the boogers are all sleeping. Travis was sleeping with his mouth open, drool all over his face and I chuckled lightly.

Dylan suddenly woke up and he looked at me. I smiled lightly back at him and so did he. He went back to sleeping and rested his head on Trevor's shoulder. A pain shot through my body but I shrugged it all off.

Finally, after who knows how fucking long, we arrived at my house. I parked my car in front of our house and told everyone that we have arrived. They all yawned in unison and I laughed a little. We all got out of the car and fished our things from the back of the car.

We all walked towards the front yard and onto the front porch. I rang the doorbell twice and no answer. I rang it once more and the door opened. There she was standing in front of me. Just how I remembered every single detail of her face. She looked shocked and I smiled at her.

"Hi mom." I mumbled not knowing what her reaction would be. We all stood there for a good minute before she answered back.

"Oh my. You're here." She answered. A smile tugged on her lips. She opened the door completely and jumped into a hug.

I hugged her back and whispered "I'm sorry, mom." She pulled back and tears made her eyes glisten.

"It's all alright now. Now that you're here. You just made my day better, Brett." She said as she wiped her tears of joy. I smiled back at her and introduced everyone to her. She smiled as I told her their names and then Dylan decided to hug her.

"We're truly sorry for Brett's behaviour." He said as he pulled back and stuck his tongue out towards me. My mom laughed and she all asked us to go inside as to she had to finish preparing the food for the party.

I told everyone to follow me so we could settle the room assignments. Well, our house is pretty big for just my mom and me. We had two extra rooms just in case we will be having visitors stay for a day or two.

"Well, you guys could stay in that room." I said, pointing at the door at the very end of the hall. Dylan nodded and walked towards the door and Trevor followed him suitly as he carried their bags. Pain shot through my body and I just shrugged it off again.