Chapter 20 -- Whoops!

Hi guys!! I am back! So this chapter will start with Trevor's POV. It was kind of a continuation of the last chapter. Then the real chapter will start in Brett's POV. So here it is guys!! Chapter 20! You know the drill my beloved friends, VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!!! :)) Enjoy reading!

[ Trevor’s POV ]

“He’s dead.”

Those words made me flinch. I felt out of breath. I felt like my world came crashing down right in front of me. As much as I wanted to hate him for cursing my being, I just can’t. I can’t loathe the man who was responsible for my existence in this world. Without him, I wouldn’t be the man that I am now.

I might’ve repulsed—no, remorse him in all sorts of way but deep down, inside his head, I knew that he loved me. I knew that it was just a phase he was going through, I mean think about it. If you were a parent will you not be disappointed if you’d find out that your son was gay? Well, for me I’d be disappointed at first but I know that I will learn to love him unconditionally, knowing that he is my own blood and flesh.

Ironic, right? Here I am, telling you guys that I would be disappointed if my son was gay, considering I am gay myself. I sighed; feeling light headed all of the sudden and made my way back to Stephanie’s room. I hung up on my mom not knowing how to react on the bomb that she just dropped on me.

I felt the need to cry but I didn’t want them— I didn’t want Dylan to see me like this; vulnerable and weak. I wiped away all the unshed tears and shrugged all the emotions off. I flashed the fakest smile that I could plaster on my face and entered the room.

Their eyes were still glued on the screen of the television so I just made my way to Dylan as quiet as possible. I sat beside him, snuggling and nuzzling the crook of his neck. He pulled away, looking and smiling at me.

I tried looking him in the eyes but I couldn’t. I knew it too well that if I looked him in the eyes, he will know that something was wrong. I smiled slightly, averting my eyes away from him and focusing on the movie.

He elbowed me, asking for my attention but I did not budge. I forced myself not to look at him because looking at him straight in the eyes only means breaking down and crying. That is something that I am not going to do. I do not want to be a burden to anyone, especially to Dylan. He has a lot of things on his plate right now and I am not going to be one of them.

I braved myself enough for me to look at him and I gave him a smile. His eyebrows furrowed and he sighed. Damn it! I knew it! I knew that he’d figure it out. He got up and asked me to come with him. Without any hesitations, I got up and followed him subtly.

We went to the house’s backyard and sat on the soft and squishy grass – filled floor. I sat across him, averting my gaze away from him. I sighed, not knowing what to do. I didn’t really want to tell him that my father died because him finding out means that it’s us breaking up.

He loves to put everyone ahead of himself. He thinks selflessly and that’s something that I love and hate about him at the same time.

“Trevor..” He said softly, making me look into his beautiful blue orbs. I was engulfed by a soothing bliss. Just the look in his face made me feel so calm and safe. I smiled at him lightly but he had this look on his face and I knew what it was.

“I am fine Dylan, I promise.” I lied. I saw something spark in his eyes but it was something that I have never seen before. He sighed, looking into the star – filled sky then looking back at me.

“Are you sure? Because I know that you know that I know that something is bothering you. Now, tell me.” He insisted. His voice filled with authority and dominance. I want to tell him so bad but I just can’t. I calmed myself and looked at him firmly.