Twenty one

Candice got the call to come to the school. She walked in just as Damon did. "Why am I here on a weekend and two this better be important because Caroline...take as long as you need." Candice said as this was a way to get out of helping with the parade. "What's up?"

"Isobel wants to see me."

Candice looked at Elena shocked as she walked over to her. Damon started asking questions, but was told that she wanted that she will raise hell in Mystic Falls if she doesn't get that meeting. "Do it." Candice tells her. "I'll be there."

"No, you won't." Damon tells her.

Candice looked at him. "Watch. Me."
~~~
Candice actually was a little behind on this meeting. When Isobel saw her walking over to Damon, she knew. The blonde was the key to get Damon to hand over the device. "Who is she?"

Elena looked and saw Candice. "Leave her alone."

"If she is my only choice to get that device, then I'll have to find answers..."

"Stefan can get Candice, but don't harm her."

Stefan called Candice causing Isobel to watch the interaction. Candice told Damon she was needed inside making him appear in front of her. Isobel saw Damon and Candice stare at one another before he finally agreed. "Stefan is in there."

"If something happens, I will kill him."

"Okay." She said as she walked to the grill.

"Candice will get me that device."
~~~
Damon had decided to have a little chat with Isobel. Candice was off limits and if she gets put in any danger, he will kill her. As he waited, he was going to have some fun.

Isobel walked in. "And it's just one blast from the past after another. No, no, no." She said making Damon closes his fly.

"Dégage, Cherie." Cherie gets up and leaves the room.

"It's good to see you, Isobel. I was just having fun with your naughty little minion." Damon said with a smirk.

"How did you find me?" Damon comes vamp-speed towards Isobel.

"Searched all the neighborhood bank-owned foreclosures and found the most expensive one."

"Oh I should have known. You're the one who taught me that. What are you really doing here?" Isobel asked.

"Well you caused quite a stir, you blew into town. Saw everyone except for the man who made you. I'm a little hurt." He said as he leans in towards her.

"I'm so sorry." She twists Damon's head around at vamp-speed. "Did you bring the device?" He disengages at vamp-speed.

"Heh. Ow. What are you doing with John Gilbert?" He asked.

"We dated a few times when we were young. He was a little bit in love with me."

"I'm sure. One of the many. Now, this little invention what do you want with it?" He asked again.

"Oh, me personally? I don't want anything with it. I'm just doing what I'm told. You know Damon we're on the same side." Isobel take's Damon's face in her hands.

"Oh yeah? What side is that?" Damon asked needing answers and not getting none.

"Katherine's. She wants John Gilbert to have the device and I think that you know that she's not happy when she doesn't get what she wants."

Damon throws her off.

"Why are you doing her dirty work?" Damon asked angry.

"Don't kill the messenger. We both know that you can't control Katherine. She does what she wants."

"So do I." Damon stated.

"Oh really, Damon? You do?" She comes in close to him. "What should we do now?" they laugh. They begin to kiss each other. They fall vamp-speed on the sofa. Damon slams her on the floor at vamp-speed and holds her throat down to the floor.

"Now that I have your attention, listen up. You do not come into my town; threaten the people I care about. Going after Candice? Bad move. You leave her alone or I will rip you to bits because I do believe in killing the messenger. You know why? Because it sends a message." He slams her head against the floor. "Katherine wants something from me? You tell that little bitch to come get it herself." Damon said as he got up and left.
~~~
"There's only one person who can get that device." Elena said. "That's if Damon will give it to her."

"Who?" Stefan asked.

"Candice."
~~~
"No, no, no." Damon tells her.

"Damon, please." Candice said. "She's threaten to kill everyone here or she will just kill Jeremy. I don't want someone's death on my hands."

Damon looked at Candice and sighed as he didn't want her feeling guilty for someone else dying. He handed the device over making Candice smile. "Thank you."

Elena noticed the confusion on Bonnie and Stefan's face. "I'll tell you later."
~~~
That night, Candice arrived with the device in hand. "She finally arrives."

Damon watched Candice walk up to her and handed the device to Elena. "Is Jeremy safe?" Candice asked as Elena nodded. "How did you know that Damon would have given me the device and not Elena?"

"Because he is in love with you." Candice was shocked as she looked at Elena. "He would never listened to Elena cause you know how to get to Damon."

Elena handed her the device. "I am so glad you are not the woman that raised my best friend. You are nothing but a bitch."

"Let's go, Candice."

Candice looked at Damon before she walked away with Elena who was hurting that her mom wasn't who she thought she was.