~chapter 7~

Hey guys I apologize for not posting recently, this story was supposed to be finished by the end of June but that sadly did not happen.

I am also sorry for not posting recently school has been kicking my butt

Anyways enjoy this chapter I tried my best and made it longer so I hope you like it :)

--------------------------------------------------------

I hate my life. No not my life, just life in general. I got no sleep last night after dinner. Instead of sleeping, I was up all night thinking. Thinking about the wedding and events, my confusing feelings towards Oliver and Octavia, and again the whole wedding.

Oliver is a really great guy. He's kind, confident, smart, and I have to say he is also quite attractive, but my heart just says no to the whole idea of marrying someone I don't love. Plus, I just can't see myself with him. Maybe with time I will learn to love him. Or maybe I will forever not love him, and only see him as a friend.

I sighed and ran my fingers over the bracelet. He did get me this gift though. What if he does really like me and I end up hurting him because the feelings aren't mutural.

No. Stop thinking about this Seraphine. This isn't the right time just figure it out later. Let's think about the ball that's later tonight.

My stomach started to form knots in it from the thought of all those people that will be watching my every move. Maybe I shouldn't have thought

I sat up from my bed and looked at the dress the maid left for me a couple hours ago. It was a light ball gown, with lace flowers scattering across the bottom of it. The dress also had a lace corset woth off the shoulder straps.

It was beautiful. Too beautiful. I don't think I could pull that off. Plus it was a bit too extravigant for me.

Even though I've been to plenty throughout my life, they still make me nervous. If there was anytime where being perfect matter it's at a ball. My posture, my words, my actions, my appearance all must be perfect.

Luckily the king was true to his words, and everything is already ready for me. The dress, the shoes, and someone to do my hair and makeup. At least with all these things prepared for me it'll make things slightly easier for me and less nerve-wracking.

The maid came back with a few others that were carrying things to prepare me for the ball.

....................................................

Her Dress

This is one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever worn

This is one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever worn. The color of the gown goes perfectly with my eyes and makes my hair stand out. The talors at home make pretty nice clothing, but no where near as amazing as this. Even my hair and make up were perfect.

"I can do this.." I reassured myself as I looked myself over in the mirror.

"You can do what?" I flinched at the random voice and turned towards it to see Oliver standing at my door.

"Make it through the whole ball without any mistakes." I mumbled quietly while fittling with my dress. Oliver came in from behind me and grabbed my hand to make me stop.

"You don't have to worry about anything. You already look gorgeous, just stick by me and everything will be fine." I stared into his eyes as he said this to me. I could see the sincerity in them. He meant everything he said to me. My heart ached slightly when I remembered that I don't love him when he probably already loved me.

"Now then," he started while clearing his throat, "It is time for us to head down to the ball. We have to greet people as they come in, then we mingle with everyone and dance."

"Sounds relatively simple. I think I can handle that." I replied with my forced smile. This is going to be a disaster.

.................................

As people started to arrive, me and Oliver greeted them. They were all lords and ladies of the court. The ladies were all wearing the most beautiful of gowns, making me feel a little underdressed for the event even though this gown was still very extravagant for me. The lords were wearing things that matched what their ladies were wearing.

Some of them as the walked in gave me a weird look as they passed making me feel self conscious. I started fitting with my dress again trying to calm my nerves.

Oliver must have noticed because he grabbed my hands again like how he did in my room. "Why so nervous?" He asked quietly, continuing the greeting after he did so.

"These lords and ladies are giving me weird looks. Do I look bad? Am I underdressed? This night really is going to be a disaster.." I kept rambling on quietly as the next lord and lady walked past us and into the ball.

When we were finally alone he turned to me and made me face him. "Seraphine you look beautiful. They were probably just jealous of your natural beauty. Please calm down I told you this night will be just fine as long as you stay by my side." I nodded in response to his words. "Good, now those were the last people coming, how about we go inside and have a quick dance?"

"That sounds nice."

We linked out arms together and he walked me inside. We made our way through the crowd, having a few interactions with the lords and ladies telling us how excellent the ball was.

When the music finally began and everyone spread out. Some going off to the sides of the room, while others were getting with their partner to start dancing. Oliver grabbed my hand firmly as we began to waltz. Spinning and circles and shuffling our feet to the slow, rhythmic music. "You're an excellent dancer Seraphine."

"You're not too bad yourself Your Highness."

That was an understatement. He was an amazing dancer. The way he guided me through the music was so smooth. Just another thing that makes me feel guilty for not loving him.

When the music ended I started to feel nauseous. "Hey Oliver, I'm going to go step out onto the balcony I need some air."

"Are you alright? Do you want me to come with you?"

"I'm fine Oliver, just need some air, and you should really stay here you can't disappear from all of your guests. I'll be back shortly." With that I broke away from him and made my way to the balcony.

When I stepped outside the cool air engulfed my body making me shiver from the sudden temperature change. I walked over to the railing and looked over the garden. The moonlight made it look so beautiful and peaceful. I wish things were easier. I shouldn't even be having trouble with all of this. I should just love him but I can't. Why can't I love him?

I felt familiar hands snake around my waist. "Its beautiful isn't it." Her voice was soft, and it sent chills through me. I nodded in response. "Although," she started, "its not as beautiful as you."

Why did this all seem so familiar?

"You seem tense, why don't I take you somewhere else so we can talk?"

——————————————————-
Soooooo what do you think? A little foreshadowing for the next chapter that'll be out very soon

XOXO
Prodigal Child

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

:)