Four

It was bothering him nonstop, the way you always seemed to panic over every little thing in public whenever you were with them. Suna didn't know the reason behind it, but he knew it must be something that was still hunting you greatly up to this day. So when he got himself an alone time with Atsumu because they've decided to go back to the gym by themselves instead of riding the bus with the rest, he didn't let the chance to escape him.

"Atsumu, why is Y/N so scared whenever she's with us in public?" He asked, out of the blue, in the middle of the walk towards the gym. He didn't care if that seemed abrupt.

Atsumu wasn't even fazed by the sudden question. He continued walking, hands inside his pockets as he mulled over the question. He bit his inner cheek before giving Suna a side glance. After what seemed like an hour, Atsumu finally opened his mouth to answer.

"When she was with 'Samu people would often tell him that he could've done better. Even when she was just hanging out with us, girls in the school would often tell us that we should pick a better friend. At first she said she was fine and that she couldn't care less. But as time passed by, she came crying to us, apologizing non stop because she started to believe that people were right and we could've picked a better friend and 'Samu could've chosen a better woman and that she was sorry because if it weren't for her we wouldn't be hearing those words from anyone." Atsumu stated, his voice was neutral but it was evident in his expression that he was serious.

"The thing is, she told us she's totally fine with what people are saying to her but that doesn't mean she's fine with what people are saying to us." Atsumu added. "Since that happened, she's always been rather jumpy and panicking whenever we're in public with her. I think it's because she didn't want people to talk about us. She always tells me she doesn't want people to make rumors about us but she's okay with people making rumors about her only since she's not well-known unlike us."

Suna nodded, processing Atsumu's words. He knew he wasn't lying because if he was, he wouldn't be wearing a serious expression.

"Selfless of her." Suna droned, annoyed. Was he annoyed because of you? Certainly yes. Why? Simply because you apologized for something that you shouldn't. And the fact that the main reason you cried wasn't because of what people were saying about you, rather because you didn't want the twins to hear such words.

Sometimes, he really thought you were too good for this world. But then he would remember the time you set his lunch on fire back in high school, or that time you 'unintentionally' threw a volleyball square to his nuts, he would think that maybe you were just a balance between kind and the reincarnation of Satan but in girl form. But then again, who was he to talk?

"Suna, ya think she's doing okay?"

Suna snapped out of his little bubble of thoughts and shot Atsumu a short look upon hearing his question.

"What do you mean by that?" Suna asked, squinting his eyes at the setter.

"Apparently she's been avoiding 'Samu for years now and the mere mention of his name affects her mood greatly..." Atsumu chuckled, trying to lighten the words that were leaving his mouth, but it was hopeless. He knew no matter how lightly he wanted to talk about this subject, it would always weigh as heavy as it was before.

"I thought they 'ended' it on a good note? Am I tripping?" Suna blinked, genuinely bewildered. He felt like something wasn't adding up. You weren't the type to avoid someone for that long. Unless they really fucked up...

But from what he could recall, you and Osamu didn't end that badly in high school. In a sense, you both had your closure.

"I thought so too. But maybe that jerk is not telling me something." Atsumu sneered then scrunched his nose in annoyance. Oh he would talk to Osamu about it.