9 THE CALLER

"Ice?" Yibo looked at Zhan with an interested look.

"Yes! Ice!" Zhan nodded. "Do you see this blood? It's thicker and colder. Because it's diluted with the ice. If we find her a few more hours later, maybe it will look the same as the blood over that side which is not mixed with the ice as the ice becomes warmer and loosened its thickness. With the warm blood that keeps flowing, the small amount of ice will disrupted from thinning the blood. You can bring this blood at both sides to compare in your laboratory...!" Said Zhan, glancing at Fan Xing.

"Sure!" Replied Fan Xing. Then he took out the measuring blood paper and took the sample of blood at both sides that pointed by Zhan.

"But whose the cooler bag belongs to?" Asked Yibo.

Fan Xing turned his gaze to the blue cooler bag.

"I have analyzed the fingerprints. Those belong to this girl...!" Replied Fan Xing.

"So, she's been killed by her own weapon. But why does she need to bring the ice bar?" Zhan mumbled.

"How do you know it's ice bar?' asked Yibo.

Zhan glanced at Yibo.

"Do you think she brings ice cream inside the cooler bag?" Zhan raised one of his brows.

"Probably," anseered Yibo.

"Can I check the bag?" Asked Zhan.

An officer came and picks up the bag and shows it to Zhan.

"Can I see the inside?" Asked Zhan again after he scanning the bag.

The officer opened it. It was empty. Zhan touched the interior of the bag.

"Hmm... The coldness is still here. And it doesn't belongs to ice cream coldness. It's a pure ice block. But what did she bring inside this cooler bag?" Zhan muttered to himself.

"There must be a thing that needs to be kept in a cooling storage...." Yibo mumnled. The he glanced atFan Xing. "Fan Xing! Check this girl. Autopted her and send me her profile immediately once you get it!"

"En!" Fan Xing nodded.

Yibo got up and walked over toward Zhan who still thinking of something about the case.

"You have a detective sense, Xiao Zhan..." Yibo spoke lowly beside Zhan's ear, startled Zhan.

Zhan turned to Yibo who having his face very close to his. Zhan was flustered. He quickly looked away.

"I need to go home now!" said Zhan, stepping further from Yibo.

Yibo smirked. At that time, an officer came and passed him two cups of hot coffee. Yibo took them, then he extended one of the cups to Zhan.

"As I have promised you, Mr. Xiao Zhan...!" said Yibo.

Zhan looked at Yibo, then he turned his gaze at the cup. The aromatic fragrant of the caffeine flirted his nose. Yibo made a gesture to Zhan to take the cup.

"Thanks," Zhan mumnled, taking the cup.

"Let's get out of here. I'll send you home...!" said Yibo, turning around to the mouth of the alley.

"I can go home by myself!" replied Zhan.

Yibo turned around and smirked at Zhan.

"Mr. Xiao. You came here without any preparation. You don't bring your wallet or money with you. No phone, too. How are you going home, then?" Yibo asked, half teasing the other man.

Zhan felt cornered. He didn't know what to answer the Captain. He yelped when Yibo grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the crime scene, watched by the Patologhist and the other police officers.