45 THE HUNT

Yibo and Zhan walked through the darkness in the forest they know nothing about.

"Have you been here?" Asked Zhan.

"I have spent my youth here before. But I never gone this deep...." Replied Yibo.

"Do you mean... You've never hunted the criminals until here?" Zhan asked again.

"Nope. We always caught hem before they went deep into the forest....!" Said Yibo. He grabbed Zhan's wrist and led him to walk faster.

"Dawn is coming. The sunrise can help us to find them easier....!" Said Yibo.

"Ahh.... Sunrise. I miss home already. I used to always able to see sunrise creeping up behind the mountains...." Zhan sighed.

Yibo glanced at the boy. He couldn't see his face clearly, but he knows that Zhan is very tired, but he never complaining even once. The sound of his breath that comes shortly, signed him that he had enough struggling for the day.

Yibo stopped walking suddenly, makes Zhan who walks behind him bumps into his back.

"Why do you stop?" Zhan makes a protest. His breath runs one after another.

"Let's take a break...!" Said Yibo.

"What?" Zhan scowled.

Yibo didn't answer. He brought Zhan to sit under a tree.

"You sit here. I'll go get the water for you. I bet you're thirsty....!" Said Yibo.

"Where are you taking the water?" Asked Zhan.

Yibo looked around.

"I'll go to find it!" Replied Yibo. He got up.

"No!" Cried Zhan. He grabbed Yibo's hand.

"I'll go wherever you go. Don't leave me alone here!" Said Zhan. He looked at Yibo deeply, being serious with his words.

The fear clearly written on the boy's face. Yibo sighed. For a while, he forgot that Zhan has never trained to be a hunter. He didn't even join the service in the military. Even though he grew in a village, but he never gone to deep forest. And he's merely only 21.

Yibo slammed his butt again on the grassy field beside Zhan. He stroke Zhan's hair, while Zhan still looking at him.

"I'm sorry...." Yibo whispered.

"Why do you say sorry?" Asked Zhan with a hoarse voice. He's exhausted. He's tired. He's thirsty. He's hungry. But no way for him to give up and leave his beloved Captain to do the battle alone. He had chosen by the Captain as his partner. At work and relationship.

"I shouldn't drag you into this world since the first time. You're only a witness, and I should stop until there and never involve you in this case too far...." Yibo speaks with a soft voice.

"Why do you regretting now? Why do you wanna stop now? Why didn't you do it when I keep avoiding you? Chasing you? But instead, you brought me closer to you and broke the boundaries between us, breaking the rules and norms. Why do you regretting now when I already get used to all of these? Get used to stay close to you,being dragged by you here and there?" Said Zhan.

Yibo took Zhan's hand and kissed it. Zhan stared at him. He raised his hand and stroked Yibo's hair.

"Captain, you made me fall in love with you. It's no use for you to try bringing me down,because I already fallen...." Said Zhan.

Yibo raised his head. He was a little bit shock by how Zhan arranging the words to be a beautiful quote that makes him feel loved so much.

"I love you..." Zhan left a peck on the Captain's lips.