39 THE BITTER TRUTH

Yibo arrived in the crime scene. He broke into the crowd which mostly the night workers. He walked under the police line that drawn by the cops immediately after they found the dead body in the alley.

"What time is it found?" Yibo asked one of the officers who passes him a paper about the condition of the dead body.

"A sex worker saw her go with an unknown man, but not to the hotel. Instead to the alley. She was thinking that the man has no money to rent a hotel room, that's why he wants to do it in the alley....!" Reported the officer.

Yibo glanced at the officer with squinted eyes. Then he focused again on the paper.

"It seems normal in this area, I guess. Many of them using the alley as a sexual actuvities space....!" The officer sniggered.

This time Yibo glared at the officer. He shoved the reprlort to the officer.

"Where is the witness now?" Asked Yibo, walked to the cops who putting the dead body into the body's bag.

"She's in the club now. Some of our men are still questioning her....!" Replied the officer, following the Captain's steps.

Yibo nodded.  He crouched down in front of the body, stopped the men who gonna zip the bag up. Those men stepped backward, giving their Captain more space to investigate the dead body.

Yibo checked the woman's face and neck. There are some of new bruises since he saw it last time. But they weren't done just now. Maybe a few days ago. Two or three days ago. The result from the violence sex she offered to her clients. Under her chin, her upper neck, there is a new bruise, too. Very new, a few centimeters from the cut on her neck.

Yibo checked it carefully, and he found a tiny black thing.on it. He took a small ziplock bag from his jacket and picked the black thing then put it inside the plastic bag. He got up and let the men to pack the body and bring it to the hospital to get the autopsy.

"Did you inform her relative?" Asked Yibo to the officer.

"Yeah! We already inform her brother...!" Replied the officer.

"Her brother?" Yibo stunned.

"Yes, Capt! She has a brother who takes care of her three kids...!" Said the officer.

"Wait a minute. Isn't she has a husband?" Yibo feels confused.

"Nope. She never been married. She works as a prostitute since she was in the high school. She got pregnant and got no idea who's the father. She didn't want to do the abortion, but she also refused to take care of her kids. So, her brother, her only  relative she has in the town who takes care of them and started to work from home....!" Explained the officer.

"Do you mean.... The man who lives with her at 48 Wufajing Street?' asked Yibo again.

"Yes! We'be asked the neighbors.and her colleagues who has the same profession as her..." The officer asked the Captain.

Yibo didn't answer. He gestured the officer to dismiss. Then the officer left. Yibo still stunned.

"Isn't she the one you try to protect from her abusive husband?" Someone suddenly boiced out beside him

Yibo turned to the person.

"Chief..." He said.

"Where's Xiao Zhan? Isn't he your partner?' asked Chief.

"I told him to stay at home. I'm worried if it a bait from the killer to get Zhan out....!" Replied Yibo.

"Are you sure he won't come out?" Chief snickered. He seemed to know the relationship between the Captain and the boy. It's new to everyone in the PD on how Yibo treats someone so sweetly.