48 THE VERDICT

Today is the time for Sun Er to get his predict in Court after numbers of evidence that involved the witnesses on the hearing. The trial itself took a long time, almost a year, since there are still a lot of witnesses who refuse to give their evidence.

He was fully dressed up neatly. His spectacles hop on the bridge of his nose beautifully. His face seemed to be okay as a person who had killed many people, without any remorse, which makes the people inside who attending the Court feel angrier.

Among the people who attending the Court, there are Zhan and Yi Bo. They are ones of the witnesses who has given the evidence to Sun Er's crimes earlier.

"To me, he's a loving brother. He never shown any evil things when it comes to protect me from the bully when I was young. He's still the same person I met when I was only 2 years old....!" Yibo said in the hearing.

"Why did you only meet him when you were 2 years old? Why didn't you see him since you're born?" Asked the prosecutor.

YiBo silent. Before, he could just say that he only can recall the memory when he is at that age, then. But now, after he knows the truth, he was confused about what he supposed to say. But as a cop that trained to be firm, he is unallowed to be melted at the crime just because of the family ties.

"I only met him by then... When he's been released from the kids' jail....!" Said Yibo. Then he lowered his head.

"In the night of the incident when Ms. Chin Bai Bai has been murdered, did you remember what Wang Sun Er was wearing in that night?" Asked the prosecutor again.

Before he giving his answer, Yibo glanced at Sun Er who sits at the front bench next to the defendant. Sun Er smiled at him and gives him a small nod. Yibo balled his hands up into fists seeing the expression on his brother's facial which never show any remorse.

Yibo turned back to the prosecutor and answered his questions honestly.

"The accused, Wang Sun Er, convicted as guilty to the crimes he has committed, by taking the lives of the 4 women, and the trial of murder to Nurse Helena Chong (I don't remember her surname. If any of you know it, please comment). The abduction to Cherry Leong Mei Xin and Xiao Zhan, as well, that brought the trauma to the girl...!"

The voice of the Judge blared in the silent room, waiting for the Judge's next words that will announce the verdict for Sun Er. The audience waited and most of them holding their breath, expecting the worse.

"By the evidence of the weapons and the objects, and the witnesses presented in the Court, under the Law of the Bureau of Beijing, the People of Republic of China , Wang Sun Er convicted as GUILTY!! And he gets the death sentence for the crimes he has committed!"

And after the Judge hit the gavel on the sound block, the audience in the Court room released the relief sigh, some of them cheered. The Judge left the room, followed by the Court staff.

Yibo lowered his head after hearing the verdict. His hand grips on the bleacher in front of his seat tightly until Zhan could see his knuckles turned white. Zhan touched Yibo's hand to calm him down and comfort him. Yibo turned to Xiao Zhan and stared at the boy. Even though there is no tears trickling down, but Yibo's eyes were bloodshot, signalling that he is holding back the tear really hard to not even shown as the glisten in his eyes.

Zhan offered him a gentle gazing and a light nod. He caressed Yibo's knuckles softly. And it moves Yibo. He put his other hand on Zhan's hand that placed on his.

On the other side, Sun Er escorted by two police officers, to go back to his cell. After this lawsuit, Sun Er will be imprisoned and and put in the death row, waiting for his sentence to be done. Passing by the bleacher where Yibo and Zhan are sitting on, Sun Er asked the officers to allow him to talk to them. But he seemed to not be able to talk to Yibo, since Yibo didn't want to look at him. So, he turned to Zhan, and smiled at him. Zhan nodded at him respectfully. Even though Sun Er is a murder, but Zhan still thought that it because of his mental disorder that got traumatized by seeing his pregnant mother being threatening to death by the other woman. Basically, if he has no mental issue, he is a good person.

"Now, I relief. Please, take care of my brother. Only you who can tame him,and change him...." Said Sun Er with a soft voice.

Zhan nodded. Sun Er smiled. Then, he escorted again by the officers. Zhan watched him gone. At the back bleacher, he saw Yibo's mother was crying and keeps calling Sun Er's name. Sun Er glanced at his parents, then he smiled at his mother that makes her cries even louder. Her husband tried to calm her down.

The broken feeling, the broken family. Zhan glanced at Yibo who still sitting and lowered his head while his hands gripping on the front bleacher.

"Let's go home...." Said Zhan, gently. He hugged Yibo's shoulder and help him to get up.

Yibo got up and began to walk out of the bleacher's alley. He walked in the Court's isle slowly. Zhan held his hand.

"Yibo! Yibo! Do something! Your brother can't be get the death sentence!" His mother cried when they passed by their seat. She grabbed Yibo's arm.

Yibo and Zhan stopped. Yibo looked at his mother. This time his eyes are wet. Then he shook his head. His mother stopped weeping. SHe looked at her youngest son.

"There is nothing I can do, Mum... The Court has decided..." Said Yibo, weakly.

His mother slammed her butt on the hard wooden bleacher. Her eyes still staring at Yibo. Yibo breathed out the hot air that suffocated him inside, then he turned to Zhan, asking him to bring him out of the Court room already.

A small update,guys. Hopefully, this will pay your long wait of this book. And it's getting the end soon.