Mad Eye

*June 30th ish*

Zem didn't come back till late that night and McGonagall only wrote back with a short sentence.

Dear Y/n and etc,

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but for safety precautions, limit stays, maybe stay at Remus's and around July go to the Potter's.

Be safe you four, Professor McGonagall

So that's exactly what you four did. Mrs. Potter dropped off James and Sirius's trunks and Mrs. Lupin gave them the guest bedroom. It was now midday, everyone was packed and now you just have to wait for it to get Dark and for the Potter's to pick everyone up. Sirius was on the couch upside down with James next to him doing the same thing while you and Remus were at the dining table reading.

"Will you two put those books down so we could do something." James groaned and Remus slammed his book shut.

"Then suggest something if you're so bored. I'll wait." You peeked over your book and decided to shut it.

"How about we, wait, Remus do you have gobstones?"

"No, but I have wizards chess." Sirius then let out a louder moan.

"Remus we need something all of us can do, not just you and Y/n!" You got up, went into the bedroom and came back out with a deck of cards.

"If you two are so bored then we can play-"

"Go fish?" James looked at you funny then you sat on the floor by the coffee table.

"No, Remus can you grab three spoons and bring them over." Remus gave you a weird look and did what you asked and sat next to you. "Great now we're playing spoons. It's a muggle game my parents taught me."

"Your parents were purebloods?" You looked up at James and he shut his mouth.

"Yes James they were, I was raised like a muggle however. Now as I was saying we each get four cards. The goal is to get a 4 of a kind first and grab a spoon before they run out. Only one person needs to get a four of a kind technically but that doesn't mean you should slack. Now you can't have more than 4 cards in your hand. We just pass the cards like this to one another." You put 4 cards in your hand, drew one then put it next to Remus. "See, now then." You shuffled and dealt 4 cards each, "Remember four of a kind and don't be last to grab a spoon." They didn't respond so you drew a card, looked at it then passed it on. You sped up and drew a card every second. A few seconds passed and you had four sevens. In silence you grabbed a spoon and sat back, waiting.

"Y/n why aren't you passing cards?" Remus realized and grabbed a spoon and you smiled. James peeked up and went for the spoon at the exact moment Sirius did.

"Padfoot I had it first!"

"No I did." They continued to fight for the spoon.

"Y/n shouldn't you declare who won?"

"I'll let them fight it out." You both sat and watched till finally Sirius stood up with the spoon in his hand.

"AHA! I won James! Wait now what?" You took the spoon from Sirius and placed it back in the middle of the table and did the same with Remus's. You however put your spoon off to the side.

"What about your spoon?"

You started to deal out cards, "James is eliminated so a spoon is taken away. We continue to play till only one person has a spoon." You continued to deal and repeated last round except Sirius got the four of a kind first. Without hesitation you grabbed the spoon at the same time as Sirius leaving Remus staring at his cards.