FLIP - 7

FLIP - 7

"Slowly... and... there! Good job, hija!"

Amara was working her butt and listens to every word that sister Fely told her to do. Little by little, she learned some techniques and skills on how to be a better gymnast like she wants to.

This is her third day here in the storage room este secret studio room of sister Fely. The one that disguise a nun but actually a wonderful trainer to her.

"Tama po ba yung pagbagsak ng paa ko?" she asked after she finished doing the front crawl skill.

"Yes but just do it a little bit lightly this time, okay?"

She nodded and continued again doing that front crawl. Without the assistance this time of the lady who teached her.

"Let's try with apparatus this time." sambit ni sister Fely at may kinuha saglit sa isang kwartong pinasukan at paglabas nito ay dala na itong ibat-ibang klase ng kagamitan.

"Ano po ang mga iyan?"

"You wanted to be a Rhythmic Gymnastic, right? So this is what you'll need. An apparatuses."

Yes, she clearly wanted to be a Rhythmic Gymnastic and that kind of gymnast needs to have a rope, hoop, ball, ribbon and ribbon stick.

Well it has an other option though. If don't want to use any of those apparatuses, you can simply choose (WAG). It means, Women's Artistic Gymnastics. In that kind of gymnastic, they have a top bar that is 2.4m above the floor, and a lower bar 1.6m above the floor. They are used for a series of grip changes, releases, new grasps and other complex moves.

Para sa kanya, mas gusto niya ang RG kaysa sa WAG. Kailangan kasi nito ng matinding pag iingat dahil magpe performe ka sa balance beam.

Though WAG has an apparatus that needed but not same as RG. The balance beam is a women's artistic gymnastics event. It's the third of four apparatus, competed after vault and uneven bars.

There are many types of skills on balance beam, including leaps, jumps, turns, holds and acrobatic moves. In a leap, the gymnast propels herself off of one foot, performs a split at some point in the air, and lands on one foot. That's why you need to be extra careful by doing that.

"Gagamitin ko po ito lahat?" napatanga siya sa mga kagamitan sa harapan niya.

"Yes, hija but don't worry, I'll assist you and do everything I can to teach you how to use this." she pointed at the apparatuses.

For the second time, she nodded with excitement and eagerness to learn with apparatus. They started with the ball. Amara had a hard time controlling herself while doing the one leg balance and while holding the ball to her right hand.

"Grr! Nakakasura naman itong bola na ito!" inis na sigaw niya nang malaglag ito sa kamay niya at gumulong papalayo.

"Patience, Ara. Patience." kalmadong paalala ni sister Fely sa kanya.

"Eh sister naman, ang sarap ibalibag nitong bolang ito eh." nanggigigil niyang sumbong sabay pinatalbog ang bola ng ilang beses.

"It takes time to learn and control that, Ara. Hindi lahat ng nasisimulan mo pa lamang ay gusto mo na agad ma-perfect. Tandaan mo, practice makes perfect." makabuluhang sabi nito.

"Wah, hanga talaga ako sayo, sister. Ikaw na talaga." natawa silang parehas at kapagkuwan ay nagpatuloy ulit.

Tama nga ang madre. Hindi mo makukuha ang gusto mo sa unang sabak katulad na lang ng ginagawa niya. Paulit-ulit niyang pinractice ang tamang paghawak ng bola at kung pano ito kokontrolin.