THE FINAL FLIP

Thank y'all so much for supporting me through the journey of writing this story of mine "ONCE IN A LIFETIME - Athlete Series #2". I will never get here to the final flip of this story if it wasn't for you guys so it's my pleasure to thank all of you for motivating me. Hope you guys safe and healthy! God bless ❤️

THE FINAL FLIP

"Good luck out there, baby!"

Carter put down Clover when her number called up to the stage to perform her dance. We're attending to Clover's third dance recital at the age of seven here in the Theater of Athlete University. Her dream school just like us when we're at her age.

"Thank you, daddy!" Clover kiss Carter's cheeks then mine. "I'll make y'all proud!"

I chuckled and cupped her chubby cute face. "Just do your best, baby. Hindi ka pa nag peperform pero proud na agad kami ni daddy sayo."

Tumango siya at nag flying kiss habang naglalakad papuntang stage.

The audience clapped their hands before she starts her routine. And when the music filled our ears, that's when she started to feel the music while dancing with grace and emotions filled her face as she go with the flow of the steps.

We've been practicing this for so long so I hope she won this time. While I was watching her, I reminded myself of her but unlike her, she was performing in front of many people while I was at the age of her, I was alone and practing until my knees and toes give up on me.

Walang akong makitang kaba sa mukha ng anak ko habang nagsasayaw. Happiness, confidence, excitement, calmness and so many mixed emotions except for tension.

"Go anak!" I mouthed when she glanced at me.

She smiles -- showing her set of cute dimples and secretly nodded as she keeps on doing her steps.

"MOMMY!" masigla siyang tumatakbo papalapit sa akin sabay yakap at pakarga. "Okay lang po ba yung sayaw ko? Did I make mistakes? I actually forgot two steps but I come up with a better steps."

"Hmm, that's good, baby. At dahil dyan, may yakult ka sa akin."

"Really?! Yehey! I love you, mommy!" yumakap siya ng mahigpit sa leeg ko.

"I love you more, baby." mariing sabi ko sabay yakap din ng mahigpit at hinalikan siya sa sentido.

Maya-maya ay unti-unti nang nagsilapitan ang mga kaibigan ko kasama ang mga asawa at anak nila at isa-isang nagsibatian kay Clover.

"Congratulations, baby girl! Ninang Mars is sooo proud of you!" Mars congratulate followed by Rylee.

"Congrats my goddaughter, Clover Amari!"

Matapos ang pag cocongratulate nila sa kay Clover, lumapit bigla ang isa sa nakalaban niyang batang katulad niya.

"Hoy, Clover. Ang pangit naman nung sayaw mo kanina. Mas maganda pa yung akin kesa sayo sabi ng mommy ko! Bleh!" aniya sabay dila kay Clover.

Imbis na mainis si Clover, ngumiti ito ng pagkatamis-tamis. "You already know who's the best between you and I, Jennifer. If my mom defeated your mom back then, then I can also do that as well to you."

That's my daughter.

Sumama ang tingin nitong Jennifer sa kanya. "Isusumbong kita sa mommy ko!" sigaw nito na malapit nang umiyak sabay takbo papalayo.

Bumaling ako sa kumalabit sa akin.

"Iba rin talaga yung anak ni Jessica ano? Like mother like daughter talaga. Mga inggetera lang sila. Hmp." Hanelle said while holding her six-year-old son, Haven.