Chapter 1

I'm excited to be writing my first actual story! I promised myself this wouldn't turn into another one-shot book. I'm going to be starting with episode 3 of the series. Enjoy!

Hunter's POV

I walked to the back of our ship. Omega and was sitting on the floor, leaning against her droid and she was reading a datapad.

"That doesn't look comfortable, for either of you." I said with humor.

"We're fine." She responded as she looked up.

"Here. Chow time."

I handed her a ration bar which she took gratefully.

"Ah, finally!" Wrecker shouted as he hopped off a crate. He took his a little less "gratefully".

" Hit me again." He said.

"Well, that's all for now. Rations are low."

I was about to go back up to the cockpit to see how much longer until we reached our destination, when Omega offered Wrecker her ration bar.

He almost took it, but I pushed his shoulder to get him to stop.

"Hey. Omega doesn't even have a place to sleep. You want to take her food too?" I asked in a questioning tone.

He thought about that for a second.

"Oh, um. No, no thanks. You keep it." He said to Omega.

"Okay." She went back to reading her datapad.

In the short time Omega had been a part of our crew, I've noticed what a selfless girl she is. I could also tell Wrecker felt bad for wanting her food.

"I guess I'm not used to having a kid around here."

"Well, none of us are, but she's not complaining."

Then, our lights started flickering again, indicating Tech and Echo haven't been too busy fixing the ship.

"Echo, lights are flickering again. I thought you fixed it?"

Echo's POV

I had been trying to get the ship up and running again, but I didn't have much help.

"Yeah, add it to the list." I answered Hunter.

I wanted to get the ship fixed so Hunter would stop asking what was going on every 5 minutes. Tech wasn't being much of a help.

"The ship got hit hard when we fled Saleucami. Several systems have been glitching ever since. Repairs would go faster if I had some help." I hinted at Tech.

He's been building some kind of scanner for the whole time we've been in hyperspace.

"As soon as I finish building this scanner. Testing functionality of our inhibitor chip takes precedence."

I was right...

"I thought you said they were defective." I questioned.

"A theory this device will be able to prove. Besides, the ship-wide diagnostics report indicated no critical systems were compromised."

Just as Tech said that, our ship was being pulled out of hyperspace!

Hunter's POV

"Getting thrown out of hyperspace. I'd say that's pretty critical, Tech."

"It's not affecting life support. We're fine."

He always has an answer for everything!

"Are you kidding me?" I hate when he gets technical on me.

"The power capacitor's blown. We need to land immediately." Echo informed us.

I heard Wrecker say something to Omega behind me.

"Get ready for your first crash landing."

"Crash?" She asked scared.

(Get ready for the bonding part of this chapter. All the chatter was just to build up to this part.)

I wanted her safe since I didn't know how hard we would actually crash.

"Omega, strap in."

"Hunter, what's going on? Are we going to crash?"

"Don't worry, we'll be fine." I assured her.

She sat down in her seat and I brought the safety restraint over her head.

I went back up to the cockpit and strapped in myself. Getting pulled out of hyperspace is never fun.