Chapter 4

Episode 4, part 2. It's gonna be a little short. Enjoy!

At this point, I didn't know if I wanted to write the chase scene, so I'm going to pretend I did and skip to more uncle-niece and father-daughter stuff. This will be right after the chase, though.

Omega's POV

I was laying down, trying to sleep. I couldn't get the thought out of my head how I could gave been killed.

"Omega?" I heard Uncle Echo call. I sat up and opened the curtain.

"Hunter wanted me to make sure you were okay."

My first thought was to lie. I knew they'd eventually figure it out that I did get hurt.

"I'm fine. I just need to sleep it off."

He didn't seem to be convinced.

"Kid, what happened? Are you hurt? Hunter is going to freak out."

"Echo..." I looked behind him to make sure nobody would hear what I was going to say.

"Fine, I did get hurt. It was just a scratch. Nothing major."

"Can I see, kid?"

I rolled up my sleeve and showed him the cut. It was kinda deep but I didn't want to admit it.

"Omega, that's more than just a scratch. You've been bleeding."

"I took care of it properly. I promise." I said trying to be convincing.

"I still think you should let us help you. Does that hurt?"

Before I got the chance to respond, Tech and Hunter came to see what was going on.

"Echo, I asked you to check..." Hunter started to say. His voice trailed off when he saw my cut.

"Omega, when did that happen?" Tech asked.

"It's nothing, guys. I just scratched myself on a piece of metal." I tried to persuade them.

"Metal? Kid, that could make you sick." Tech said.

"Tech, clean her arm up, please. Echo, make sure Wrecker doesn't get us in any more trouble." Hunter ordered.

Hunter helped me get down without hurting my arm more while Tech got a medkit. Echo went back up to the cockpit.

"Omega, when you get an open wound from a piece of metal, it can get you very sick if it's not taken care of properly." Tech advised.

"I did take care of it, Tech. I cleaned it and wrapped it up."

"It's still better to have help." Hunter pointed out.

"I know. I knew how to fix it, I just didn't want to worry you if I made it worse."

Hunter crouched down in front of me.

"It's a little late for that, kid. When will you learn you don't have to hide things from us? We want to make sure you are looked after." He expressed.

He also hugged me, being careful not to get in Tech's way.

"I've been wanting to tell you this for a while, kid. You're my daughter. I love you like it."

"Seriously? Nobody has ever cared that much about me." I explained.

"Well, you do now."

"I told you were a dad." Tech said teasing Hunter.

"Shut up, Tech." He responded with a glare.