Chapter 2

Chapter 2! Let's do it!

After the crash
3rd Person POV

When everybody gathered their bearings after the crash, Echo and Tech went outside to check out the damage.  Thankfully, they had oxygen masks because the air outside was not suitable for human life. They were focused on replacing the capacitator. 

However, that wasn't their main problem. Echo heard a faint snarling in the distance. Then, he noticed a bunch of scratch marks on the ship. 

Hunter's POV

Me, Wrecker, and Omega were still on the ship while Echo and Tech were working on the repairs. 

"Ow! Ow." Wrecker complained as he walked by me. 

"What's going on with you?" 

"I must have hit my head in the crash." He said holding the side of his head. 

Tech and Echo came back inside. Tech tried to explain how they fixed the capacitor but now there were other things wrong.

"Hunter, we have a problem." 

"What kind of problem?" I asked with hesitation. 

"There are a bunch of scratch marks on the ship. They weren't there when we landed."

"Great." I muttered to myself. 

I figured I better check out the damage and make sure we weren't in any danger any time soon. 

"I'll check it out."  

"I'm coming, too." Omega said.

"Omega, I don't know what's out there. You should stay here."  

I wanted her to be safe so it was better for her to stay with the others.

"I'm a part of this crew now, too. I just want to help." 

She had given me her signature "puppy" face. She'd been practicing it. 

"Fine, but please be careful." 

We both grabbed our masks and headed outside. I had no idea what creatures or other things could be residing in the dark place. My senses were triggered. 

I ran my fingers in the dirt and tried to sense where the creature went or what it was. 

"What are you doing?" Omega asked. She never seen my tracking abilities at work. 

"Tracking." I answered simply. We started to walk forward again. 

"Can someone learn to track like you?" She asked curiously.

"Maybe. It's an enhanced skill, Omega. I was born that way. Wrecker, Tech, we all have one."

"And Crosshair." she reminded.

Nobody has mentioned him since our fight.

"You shouldn't be angry at him. It's not his fault." She continued. 

"I'm angry at myself. We don't leave our own behind."

"Then we'll find a way to get him back...somehow." 

I knew she was trying to be optimistic and help me ease my guilt.

After we had been walking silently for a while, we came up on what looked like a cave. Maybe it's where those creatures lived. We heard a steady beeping and I shined my light on it. 

It was our missing part. 

"Wait here." I told Omega. She wasn't known for following orders. 

When I went to grab the part, I saw the creature jump out from behind a rock. It attacked me before I could get the part and run. 

"It's getting away!" Omega cried. 

My mask had fallen off and I had started to choke and gasp for air. 

Omega's POV

"Hunter, your mask." 

I saw it lying next to us and I grabbed it then put it back on Hunter. 

"Hunter? Wake up. Hunter!" I called desperate. 

I saw Hunter's commlink on his belt and I called for help.

"Echo, Wrecker, Tech, come in! We need help!" 

I saw the creature crawl back into its hole. It had our part in it's mouth, so I decided to go after it. Hunter had his blaster still on him as well. 

"Okay, Omega. We can do this. Just got to get the part back." 

As I got further in the hole, I quickly realized this was a mistake. It was long, narrow, and I didn't know which way was which. 

Just as I wanted to give up, I found the capacitor. I heard the snarl again, though. I thought I was going to be eaten! 

"Omega!" I heard Hunter call. 

I threw my flashlight and the creature happily took it, so I used my chance and I grabbed the part. 

"Omega!" Hunter called again. 

"I'm coming!" 

I crawled out of the tunnel to meet Hunter back at the surface. When I got back up, Hunter picked me up and pulled me out. 

(All of these details were to build up to the cuteness after this point.)

3rd Person POV

Hunter was glad Omega was alright. 

"Are you okay? You worried me sick." 

"The mission was to recover the capacitor, right?" She asked. 

"I tracked the dragon, just like you." 

Hunter was proud of his kid. He couldn't help himself when he hugged her. 

Omega was kind of surprised, but she welcomed it. (only real fans will recognize the reference here.) 

While still enjoying the hug, he noticed his blaster on the ground. 

"Is that my blaster?" Hunter asked.

"I didn't even have to use it. I got the part."

They broke from their hug, and began the walk back to the ship. 

Back on the ship

Once Tech got the part back in the ship where it belonged, everyone was in the cockpit for takeoff. 

"About time we got out of here." Wrecker stated. 

"Where have you been?" Echo asked. 

Wrecker completely ignored Echo's remark and crouched down in front of Omega. 

"Hey, kid. I got a surprise for you. You have to close you're eyes, though." 

With Hunter following behind, they walked to the back of the ship to find out what Wrecker's "surprise" was.

"Open them." 

She looked a little confused at first; it was a corner with a curtain in front of it. But she climbed the ladder and opened the curtain. 

"It's your own room." He said. 

She looked around the little room and she was amazed the gift. 

"What do you think, Omega?" Hunter asked. 

"It's perfect. Thank you Wrecker." She said gratefully. 

She climbed down and hugged Wrecker as best as she could for their differing sizes. 

"Uncle Wrecker, it's the best. I've never had my own room before." 

"Oh, don't get me all emotional, kid. It was nothing. I wanted this to feel more like a home for you."

She went back up to her room and sat down with Wrecker's Lulu he'd giver her as well. 

"You're a part of this squad too, Omega."