The Military?!

What would Omega's family say about her joining the US Military? Enjoy!

Omega's POV

Ever since I was little, I've had several family members in the Military. My dad, my uncles, and my grandpa. It's been passed down to me and I've always wanted to join up when I was old enough.

I was sitting on my bed with my laptop. I took a look around the Miltary's website. I was debating which branch I wanted to join. Whatever I decided, I would do my best. My parents don't like the idea of me being overseas fighting, but it's what I was born for.

More women were needed in the Service, they had plenty of men. The Army was the first branch of the Military formed and they only took men. Women were expected to stay at home and take care of the children, cook, and clean. I wouldn't be another ordinary woman. I would be graduating this spring and I wanted to go right into the Service.

I had to make a decision soon, or I couldn't go this year. I figured I would call some of my uncles and see what they think would be best for me.

Echo's POV

I had a set of parts that I had to make for a customer, plus Tech was bugging me to finish them. I almost had them done when I heard my phone ring. I wiped my hands off and saw it was my niece, Omega.

"Hey, Omega. What's up?"

"Well, I sorta need your help with something. You know how I want to go into the Military when I graduate, but I don't know which branch is best for me." She told me.

"I served in the Army, your dad was in the Air Force, Crosshair was in the Army, Wrecker was doing civilian duty after he came home, and Tech was in the Navy."

"Right, I know that, but I don't know where I could serve my best. I don't have the greatest hand-eye coordination so I don't think I could be in the Air Force."

"Have you asked your dad what to do, Omega?"

"He and mom aren't thrilled about me being in the Service at all, but I tried to tell them that I was raised by people who dedicated their lives to the Miltary."

"I get that, Kid, but Hunter is a reasonable man. Just because he's not happy with what you want to do, doesn't mean he won't support you unconditionally, he loves you."

"I know, but I have to make a decision soon. The deadline for new applicants is almost here." She stressed.

"Just talk it out with your dad, Omega. Be honest with him, let me know what you decide."

"Okay, thanks, Uncle Echo."

"You're my favorite niece."

Omega's POV

1 month later

I stood in front of my full-length mirror and I adjusted my Army uniform. I put my long, blonde hair up in a traditional Military bun, and I put my hat on. I took a deep breath and walked downstairs to meet my parents. They were dropping me off at the airport and I would be shipped out for basic training. It was a little scary not knowing where I was going, but I knew I could handle it.

I was about to join the ranks of many women who wanted to serve their country. Even if I was killed in active duty someday, I knew I would die fighting for my country and my family.