Chapter 7

Chapter 7, episode 7, part 2.

Hunter's POV

"Rex?" Echo questioned as if he wasn't real.

"Oh, great. Another clone. Just what I needed. Well, don't get comfy. I don't take strays anymore, this isn't a clone clubhouse." Cid complained.

I just ignored her and casually walked over to Rex. 

"Captain." I greeted.

"It's been a while, boys." Rex stated.

"Where have you been Rex? We haven't seen you rescued me with General Skywalker." Echo asked. 

"That's a long story. Sit down, I'll explain it." 

We all sat at the bar and had a drink together while Rex told us what he's been up to. 

"After the war ended, you could say I've been... keeping a low profile."

"Very low. Imperial files have you listed as killed in action." Tech interjected.

"Being dead in the Empire's eyes has it's advantages." He responded.

"How'd you find us?" Echo asked.

"Trace and Rafa Martez. They told me a squad of rough clones helped them on Corellia." Rex told us and got up from his seat. 

"They said I could find you here. And that you were traveling with a kid. Who is she?" 

"Omega. She's a clone just like us. The boys, Tech especially, love to tease me that I'm her dad." I answered.

Rex looked kind of shocked but he looked toward the door when he heard Wrecker come in. 

"Well, look who it is." Wrecker laughed and ran over to us. 

"Come here, Rex." He said as he pick Rex up. It was pretty funny.

Rex was kind of squished but he had fun with it. 

"Yeah. It's good to see you too, Wrecker."

"I thought you didn't like the regs." Omega said.

"This one we like." Wrecker told her and he put Rex down.

I decided to introduce Rex. 

"Omega, this is Rex" 

He knelt down to be even with her. 

"I've met many clones in my time, but I've never met one like you."  Omega looked like she was almost studying him.

"You're a generation one." She observed.

"How'd you know that?" 

"The lines on your face." She giggled. 

"Yeah, I've been around some." 

"Yeah, us too." Wrecker agreed and he groaned, holding the side of his head.

"Tech, I need a med patch." 

"You used the last one last time." He answered.

"What's wrong?" Rex asked, getting skeptical. 

"Nothing. Just a headache." 

"You're getting them all the time, Wrecker." Echo stated.

"Really?" 

"If you're worried about the inhibitor chips, don't be. Our deviant nature appears to make them not function. Except for Crosshair." Tech informed.

"You're telling me that you've never removed your chips?" Rex clarified.

"Not yet." 

I noticed Rex was getting defensive. He started to reach for his blaster.