TBB Concert

How would TBB act like at a Country concert? What if Hunter and his brothers surprised Omega for her 21st birthday with concert tickets? Thanks to DonovanMatthewseoSN7 for the idea. 

Hunter's POV

I was anxious and excited for Omega to get home from her classes. She's at college studying to be an RN (Registered Nurse). She also had an assistant job in the nursing home. Today is also her 21st birthday and I got her tickets to see her favorite artist; Blake Shelton.

She walked in the door, still in her blue scrubs, and I stood up.

"Hey, baby girl. How was your day?"

"It was good. I'm so tired." She answered.

"Well, before you go upstairs, I've got a surprise for you." I handed her the envelope. She put her bag down and opened it. She read them over and her mouth dropped open.

"Blake Shelton tickets?! This weekend?!" 

"Happy birthday, Omega."

She hugged me happily and she let out a few squeals.

"Thanks, Daddy. Can I take some of my friends?"

"Of course."

"I'm going to call them now." She did and she took off upstairs.

Omega's POV

I ran upstairs, I threw my bag next to my desk, and I started to call my friends, but it ended up making this occasion a sad one. Almost all of my friends told me they were either busy or they just straight up told me 'no'. After I hung up my last call, I didn't bother to ask anyone else, I was too upset. 

I fell back on my bed and tears poured down my cheeks. I tried to hold back the sobs, but it was involuntary. I don't know why I was so sad that nobody could go, most of my friends are nurses in training, and they had just like a busy schedule as I did. After I cried for a few minutes, I got an idea. I wiped my eyes and walked down the hall to Dad's room. I knocked on the door before I went in. 

"Dad, none of my friends could go with me this weekend, so I had a better idea. You got just enough tickets that you and all my uncles can come." 

"That's a great idea, Sweetheart. I am sorry your friends couldn't go." He responded with sympathy. 

"Most of them are nurses too, so we all have busy schedules."

"Well, we can ask the boys tomorrow if they want to go." 

That next morning, I called my uncles and they all said they could go. 

Saturday night, I wore a white, flowy dress and my leather cowgirl boots. I also grabbed a jean jacket if I got cold, and my purse slung over my shoulder. That night was probably the best night of my life and the best birthday by far. Even though I was 21, I didn't drink any alcohol. We also had the best seats possible, too. We sat right next to the catwalk and we saw Blake up close. 

The best part of all was after Blake sang 'Minimum Wage', he pulled me on stage with him! He asked me what my favorite song of his was. 

"It has to be 'Honey Bee'. I love to blast that one and pretend I'm singing it in front of you." I giggled at the last part. 

"Well, since that's your favorite and you know it so good, why don't you sing it with me?" He offered. 

"Are you serious? Yes, I would love to." We took turns singing part of the verses and we sang the chorus together. 

*This is obviously not my song.*

"Girl, I been thinkin' 'bout us
And you know I ain't good at this stuff
But these feelings pilin' up won't give me no rest." Blake started.

"This might come out a little crazy
A little sideways, yeah maybe
I don't know how long it'll take me
But I'll do my best." I sang.

"You'll be my soft and sweet
I'll be your strong and steady
You'll be my glass of wine
I'll be your shot of whiskey
You'll be my sunny day
I'll be your shade tree
You'll be my honeysuckle
I'll be your honey bee." We sang together.

"Yeah, that came out a little country
But every word was right on the money
And I got you smilin' honey right back at me
Now hold on 'cause I ain't done
There's more where that came from
Well you know I'm just havin' fun, but seriously." I sang alone and I sang the next chorus alone, as well.

"If you'll be my Louisiana
I'll be your Mississippi
You'll be my Little Loretta
I'll be your Conway Twitty
You'll be my sugar, baby
I'll be your sweet iced tea
You'll be my honeysuckle
I'll be your honey bee"

"Your kiss just said it all
I'm glad we had this talk
Nothing left to do
But fall in each other's arms
I coulda said I love you
Coulda wrote you a line or two
Baby, all I know to do
Is speak right from the heart"

"If you'll be my soft and sweet
I'll be your strong and steady
You'll be my glass of wine
I'll be your shot of whiskey
You'll be my sunny day
I'll be your shade tree
You'll be my honeysuckle
I'll be your honey bee"

"You'll be my Louisiana
I'll be your Mississippi
You'll be my Little Loretta
I'll be your Conway Twitty
You'll be my sugar baby
I'll be your sweet iced tea
You'll be my honeysuckle
And I'll be your honey bee."

"I'll be your honey bee." We finished together.

Everybody started to clap and cheer. He took his guitar off and set it on its stand next to him and he grabbed the mic.

"That was awesome, Omega. How old are you, you have a beautiful voice." He complimented. 

"I just turned 21 yesterday."

"Happy birthday!" He congratulated me and offered me a hug, which I accepted.

"I hope to see you again soon, Omega. We'll have to sing together more often."

He helped me down to my seat and I watched the video Dad recorded. I posted it to my Instagram and Twitter, which were blowing up with people congratulating me on meeting and singing with Blake Shelton, and wishing me a happy birthday.