Chapter 5

Chapter 5, Episode 6. This chapter is going to have a different ending than the actual episode.

Omega's POV

For the first time using a bow rifle, I didn't think I was doing too bad. Echo had other ideas.

"Steady. Arms level and keep your eyes on the target." He coached.

When I let go, I hit the target. 

"Got it!" 

Some of the patrons around us gave credits to their friends and some complained about it. 

"Good, again." Echo instructed. 

"But I've already hit the target 3 times." 

"Out of 12. That's luck, Omega, not skill. Soldiers need to be consistent." 

I pulled the bow back, but I let go too soon and without focusing on the target. I accidently hit the holotable. 

"I was doing fine before those two showed up and started betting on me." I said getting frustrated. 

"You have to learn how to tune out distractions when they come, which they will. That's why you need to keep up the practice. Again." 

3rd Person POV

"She's not quite the natural yet, is she? Hey!" Wrecker whispered. Then he shouted when Cid hit his shoulder. 

"Okay, play time's over. It's time to talk." Cid said and kicked out the two guys who were doing the betting. 

"I assume you boys know what a tactical droid is, right? They were the opera-" she started to say when Tech cut in.

"They were the operational brains of the Separatists military-" 

"Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba. This is my briefing, Goggles." She shoved Wrecker out of his way to the holotable. 

"Tactical droid intel has amazing value, which is why you guys are going to break into the decommissioned station on Corellia and retrieve one before they all get destroyed." 

Hunter's POV 

 "We haven't decided if we're going to work for you or not." 

"Allow for me to decide for you. You're in." Cid stated. 

"I'm talking about a mutually beneficial arrangement. You make money, I make money and I watch your back. With the heat on you, it's the best option you have." 

I quickly glanced at Omega. She almost looked worried. 

"Fine, we're in." 

"Yeah, I know. I just told you that." Cid said pleased with herself.

Them, she walked over in front of Omega.

"And you, kid. You're releasing too soon because of these weak noodle arms you've got. Build up your strength." 

She then proceeded to shoot at the target a few times. She was pretty good. 

"I know she needs a little practice, but you don't have to insult her." I stated firmly.

"I just stated what's true. I don't insult people unless they deserve it." 

In the Corellia system, 3rd Person POV

 "We're really using this trick? It's the oldest in the book." Echo asked.

"It works, though." Tech answered. 

"Why are tactical droids worth more than other droids?" Omega asked. 

"The more the tactical droids fought, they learned more, and won." Echo replied.