Modern 1 (Part 3)

I had a request to make part 3 of this chapter, so I figured why not. Crosshair doesn't know how or when Hunter's marriage ended so that's what he's going to find out. Enjoy!

Crosshair's POV, 1 week later

I was spending some time with Omega while Hunter was at a job interview. He always gets nervous when he goes, but he usually comes home with a good feeling. There was something I've been wanting to ask Hunter about...

What happened to his wife? 

I've never seen her around the house. I only saw her at their wedding because I was home with a weekend pass. 

Omega was upstairs taking a nap, so I decided to look around. Maybe there would be pictures or something? I already looked around the living room but there wasn't anything there. 

I also checked the small office; nothing. However, there was a copy of their marriage license and Omega's birth certificate. I quickly looked over the birth certificate, then I pulled out the marriage license. 

After I took out the license, I noticed something else. 

"This certifies that Hunter and Tiffany have ended their marriage through divorce on the 10th of July 2018. Why did they get divorced?" I read out loud. 

"Crosshair?" 

Hunter's POV

"Crosshair?" I asked confused. 

"Hunter, how'd it go?" 

He stuffed something back in the draw. 

"It was fine. What are you doing in here? What were you reading?" I questioned. 

"Uh-I-it was nothing. Nothing." 

"Were you reading my divorce papers?" 

He sighed. "Okay, I was. I wanted to know why your wife wasn't ever in the house. I started by looking for pictures. The only one I found was her at the hospital holding Omega." 

"Crosshair. You're a Military man, you know better than to go through someone else's things. Mom taught us all that before you were even old enough to know what the Military was." I told him. 

"Why did you get divorced? You weren't married but 6 months. How did you have time to have a baby before she left?" 

"That's none of your business. If you wanted to know, you should have asked me, not go snooping through my things." I accused. 

 "Hunter, I'm sorry. I know I should have asked. I didn't think it was something you were comfortable talking about." 

"Normally, no, I'm not. I would have told you because you're my brother and I haven't seen you in 4 years." I told him.

"Would you mind telling me?" 

"I planned on it. Let's go back downstairs." I answered reluctantly. 

We walked downstairs and sat on the couch. 

"Me and Tiffany got married in January, and we got divorced in July. She gave birth a week before she left me with the divorce papers. She only divorced me because she had a baby before she was ready and she didn't want that responsibility. I figured it out that she was 3 months along before we got married. I don't know how she fit in her dress. Ever since then, I haven't seen or heard from her, and I've raised Omega on my own." I explained.

"That's crazy. I'm sorry that it didn't go how you wanted. I do know that Omega couldn't have asked for a better dad than you." 

"Thanks, Crosshair. Next time, just ask me if you need something." 

"I will. Thanks for telling me." He said. 

We hugged it out and all was good between brothers again. 

Sorry, it was kind of a cheesy ending. After I write the episode 8 chapter, It'll be another modern chapter. I hope you enjoyed it!