Kids (Part 1)

Your POV

It was the next night.

My mother was pissed off once again, knowing I spent the night somewhere else so she couldn't pick on me. I don't even know why she wants me to come home at this point.

I just wish I could move in with Sean so I wouldn't put up with my mom's bullshit.

She takes the fact that dad died and pins it against me like it was my....

Fault.

And it kind of was, but it doesn't give an excuse for my own mother to call me worthless and a mistake every time she lays her eyes on me. We could've gotten through it together.

My stomach rumbled.

I didn't eat yet, and Sean feeding me cereal last night quickly popped into my mind.

"I am going to make you cereal, and you are going to eat it...Hopefully."

I watched him grab a bowl and a box of Fruit Loops from the cabinet. I don't know why he cared so much.

But the fact that he did care that much made me think about eating something soon, in case he texts me and asks if I had anything today and I don't have to lie.

I pushed myself out of my bed and decided to go grab a snack. Something tiny, like a granola bar.

When I opened the door and saw my mom at the end of the hallway staring right at me, like she was expecting me.

"What are you doing up so late?" My mom asked me.

"It's only 10:30."

"Well, you need to start going to bed earlier."

"Mom," I sighed, "I'm not a child."

"You're still living under my roof. If you don't like that you could leave."

"I do, all the time. But you have a problem every time I walk out of the door." I started to walk past her, slowly rolling my eyes, hoping she would see what a hypocrite she was being.

I was almost to the kitchen when I felt her pull my hair and drag me backwards.

I held in my scream of pain, living in this house has told me not to show any sort of weakness, which is why I refuse to talk to Lyla, even Sean about how I'm feeling, or why I don't eat.

"Remember what I told you yesterday," I heard her say through her teeth.

Yes, I will always remember what you told me yesterday, what you did to me yesterday.

I hate that she even reminded me.

"Don't go running off to your little friends like they care about you, I can assure you that nobody... does." She released my hair when she slammed me into the wall, storming off into her room afterwards

"You are nothing, (Y/N)." She slammed the door.

Don't show pain.