CHAPTER 28

One month ago...

A loud sound can be heard from the fire place indicating someone floo in. Cassie whobwas alone in house went to the living room. Regulus was out with Leo and Mic. When she stepped into the living room, she saw Alec dusting his jacket from the remaining floo powder.

"Cassie, hey. Where's Uncle Reg?"

"He's put with your father and Uncle Mic. What are you doing here? Where's Celia?"

"Ouh I forgot about that. Yea Celia still sleeping at home. I'm here errr I'm here cause I want to talk to you. Can we?"

"Sure. Let's go to the kitchen. You're hungry? I can make more."

"O-ok."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Soooo... What do you want to talk about? Hey you good with cheesy meatball casserole? If not I can make something else for you." Cassie asked Alec as she take the casserole from the oven.

"No. I'm good. Thank you"

They ate their meal in silence until Cassie asked him the reason he was there. Alec stop eating and wipe his mouth and drink a glass of water before he talk.

"I like- No I mean I love you since we're kids."

Cassie choked on her casserole and quickly drink her water. She didn't expect for Alec to suddenly confessed to her. After she calm down, Alec take a deep breath and continued talking.

"I don't know how to start, because I'm afraid it might be the end of our good relationship or, if I'm lucky, it could be the realization of my dreams, which is for you to love me as I love you. I told myself, I might as well take the risk because it's the only remedy I know of that could let loose this feeling I've been keeping inside me all this time. I love you. I know you'll find it hard to believe me if I tell you how much you mean to me. I hardly understand what I feel for you, and don't know how these long, sleepless nights, thinking only of you can go one. I've never felt like this before. I don't know how to pour out my feelings for you now. I wanted to find the perfect words to make you realize how much I need you and love you, but words continue to elude me; what could they be? Something poetic? I'm sure it should be heartfelt and out of the ordinary. I'm afraid it's no use. Every time I look at you, the words come out the same--I love you!

Alec look up from the ground and he's freaking out when he saw tears forming on her eyes. He want to go to her side but stop when she ask him the reason.

"Why? Why me? There's more girls out there who was perfect for you! Why me? I don't deserve your love, Alec! You're fool for loving someone like me!"

"Why? I love the way you smile. Then we can talk about everything for hours. I love your sense of family and your dedication to the ones you love. I love you bacause whenever I am in your arms, I feel true hapiness. And if that me a fool then I gladly accept it. I may be a fool, but the fact remains that I have fallen for you and I can't change that now! I want you to know that I would much rather have you in my life and take a chance on losing you than not taking that chance at all and wondering then, what it would have been like between us! What I'm trying to ask you is--would you take a chance with me? Cassie, will you be my love?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"You're a fool! I love you so much. Sometimes I get scared about showing it. It feels like when you come around me, my mouth locks tight, and the words I want to say are just stifled. My lips lock up because my love is so strong, and the words that I want to say just can't be expressed. Sometimes I want to open up and tell you how I feel, but I guess I'm just too scared. I know you love me, and you have feelings hidden inside, too. It seems like it isn't any easier for you to express yourself to me, than for me to express myself to you. I love you, so yes, Alexander Giovanni Edoardo I fucking love you too, idiot!"

Alec moved from his seat and lifting her up in his arms. His arms wrapped tight around Cassie letting her know how much he love her. He bent down, his lips against her cheeks, brushing it lightly.

"If you want me to stop, tell me now" Alec whispered. When Cassie said nothing, he brushed his mouth against the hollow of her temple. "Or no." He traced the line of his cheekbones. "Or now." His lips against hers.

"Or-"

Cassie pulled him down and the rest of is words were lost against her mouth. He kissed her gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness she wanted, not now, not after all this time, and she knotted her fists in his shirt, pulling him harder against her. He groaned softly, low in his throat, and then his arms circled her, gathering her against him, tangled together, still kissing.

That day, the two of them start their relationship in secret. They wanted their parents blessing before telling the others about it well until Regulus heard their conversation at the park.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

A/N Note: The kissing scene was quoted from City of Glass The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. It's one of my favourite books.