Thirteen

*a few months later*

Rosés P.O.V.

It's officially been 3 months since Denali and I have made it official, and I couldn't be more happy. I took her home to meet my family, and they just love her. I meet her family over a FaceTime call, and they seemed to very supportive of Nali, which made her very happy.

Our friends like to make fun of us for being attached at the hip all the time, but I really can't help it. I really like Denali, in fact, I even think I love her. No one has ever made my heart stop the way she does with just her smile, or sends butterflies through me every time she even just brushes my hand. I just wish I could find the words to tell her.

*

I tap away on my keyboard, trying to finish my paper before I go to bed. It's Sunday night, so Jan and I are cracking down on all of our work before Spring Break starts next week. I finish up a paragraph when Denalis name pops up on the screen while she calls me. I click on the answer button.

"Hi baby," I say as I see her face appear. "Hi Rosie, whatcha up to?" She asks. "I'm working on a paper, but I'd rather be with you," I tell her, smiling a cheesy smile. "I was just thinking the same thing, but I have an exam tomorrow and I don't really need any distractions," she giggles. I roll my eyes at her. Jan makes fake throw up noises in the background. I laugh and say, "you've been around Mik to much," making her and Denali laugh.

"I do have an actual reason for why I called you though," she says. "I was trying to plan out something to do on Spring Break, and I was looking at a nice little resort in Palm Springs. They have like three pools, four hot tubs, a private beach where you can rent chairs, and I was thinking we could maybe take a trip as a group?" She asks excitedly.

"I would love that, Denali," I tell her, making her smile even more. "Are Jackie and I invited," Jan laughs from across the room. "Jackie already told me you guys are in," Denali yells so Jan can hear. Jan laughs and I go back to talk to Denali. "So Jan and Jackie will be in one room, Mik and Olivia are going to share, Kandy is bringing Joey, and I figured you and I could share a room?" She asks, and then winks at me. "No, I want to stay with Kandy and Joey," I say sarcastically. She laughs and I hear her typing on her keyboard.

"The only thing is that the resort is about a 3 hour drive, is that okay with you?" Denali asks. "Yeah I'm okay with that, as long as we can get snacks," I tell her. "Of course baby," she says. "Sweet! I booked it! Four rooms for seven days, six nights," she claps.

"I'm excited!" I tell her. "I am too! Well I'm going to head to bed now, but I wanted to get that all figured out first," she tells me. "Good night, Denali. I lo-" I pause, almost letting the word 'love' slip out of my mouth. I clear my throat and say, "I'll see you tomorrow." She doesn't say anything for a moment, and then says, "Good night Rosie," and hangs up. I throw my head back in frustration.

"Loooooove," Jan sings at me. I lift my head and see her laughing at me. I take the pillow from behind my back and throw it at her, making myself laugh too.

*
A week of papers and exams later, Spring Break has finally arrived. I finish loading mine and Jans things into my car, and we leave to meet the others at the dorms. We decided to take as few cars as possible, so Jackie and I offered up our cars, being able to fit four people in each car.

We arrive at the campus to see its almost barren. There's a few cars in the lots for people who decided to stay over break, but that's all that's there. We pull into Jackie's building's lot, to see everyone gathered around bags in the parking lot. I park close to them, and pop my trunk, getting out of the car to help the others.

Denali instantly jumps into my arms, laying a kiss on my lips. "Hi Rosie," she says pulling away from me. "Hi baby," I say, quickly tightening my grip around her small waist. "I'm really excited to be alone with you," she whispers in my ear, sliding her hand down to lightly touch my butt, sending a rush through my body. I feel heat race towards my cheeks as she pulls away and winks at me. Denali and I don't have much time alone to do, well, things. Jan is usually at the apartment, and whenever we are at Denali's dorm, its usually because we're hanging out with the others. And once things start to go somewhere, we always manage to get interrupted.