28. Ice.

Chapter 28: Ice.

Oh, it's good to be back.

With my cup of iced coffee in my hand, I walk into my dorm. I moved out of Tobias' house the next day after the fight and crashed at Amir's. I haven't spoken to Riley since either. I'll see her when I get to the room.

We're still roommates, after all.

I walk to my dorm room and I see the door is slightly ajar. Oh, Riley is here already. I roll my suitcase into the room as I walk in. I am totally confused when I see a blonde girl on the other side of the room.

"Oh My God." The blonde girl squeals and I cover my ears with my hands.

"Sorry. Hi, I'm Amanda." She says, extending her hand waiting for me to shake it.

I do.

"Where is Riley?" I ask her.

"Oh, she didn't tell you? She moved to Chester Hall. I'm your new roommate." She says smiling at me.

Whoa.

I knew Riley was mad, I didn't know she was that mad.

Chester Hall is on the other side of school. She really wants to be as far away from me as possible.

"She didn't tell me she was moving." I tell Amanda, trying to explain why I was so shocked by her presence.

"Oh, that's totally fine." She says, brushing me off. "We're gonna have so much fun together." She squeals.

"Mhm." I hum.

"Hey, aren't you on the cheer team?" She asks me and I nod.

"Yeah, I'm captain now since Camila's busy being a senior." I tell her, taking my boots off.

I tie my chestnut brown hair in a top knot and I lay on my bed.

Maybe Riley was just a temporary part of my life.

***

Hustling through the quad, I make my way towards the dance studio. It's the first cheer practice of the year and I'm so excited. I enter the dance studio and I see the girls stretching.

"Hey, guys." I say, waving at them as I place my gym bag on the floor.

"Oh My God, I almost didn't recognize you." Rebecca says as she walks towards me, pulling me into a hug.

"Why?" I ask her before she pulls away.

"Your hair." She says and I laugh.

My hair is brown now, I almost forgot. Well, it's brown, with blonde highlights.

"This is my real hair color, I wanted to feel like me again, so..." I say, trailing off.

"Happy New Year." Camila yells in my ear as she hugs me from behind.

"Jesus!!! You scared the shit out of me." I tell her and she lets out a loud laugh.

"Sorry." She says, still laughing.

"Good morning, ladies." Carol says as she walks inside the dance studio. She's dressed in a white pantsuit, her blonde hair in a tight ponytail.

She looks really professional.

The girls gather around, forming a circle around her.

"As you all know it's a new year, which means it's a new cheer season. So, that's regionals, sectionals, and nationals all over again. For some of you, this will be a very new experience. It's going to be intense, so if you want to quit now is the time." She tells us, folding her arms.