19. Legs.

Chapter 19: Legs.

"How was Arabia?" Riley asks me through the phone.

"It was nice. I got to meet Amir's family and I stayed at his palace. I really felt like royalty." I tell her, pressing the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I lifted my hamper full of clothes.

"I'm coming in tonight. How's school looking?" She asks me and I look out the window.

"White. There's a lot of snow." I tell her, placing the hamper on my side of the room.

"I better get some coats from the store." She says and I nod. Remembering that she can't see me I say, "You better."

"I'll see you when I get there, Vee." She tells me.

"Bye." I say before I hang up.

I start folding and placing my clothes in the drawer fixed to my bed. When I'm done, I place the hamper beside my desk. I lay on my bed and I soon as I close my eyes, someone knocks on the door.

Ugh.

Can't a girl live?

Groaning, I get out of my bed and I open the door.

"No." I say, about to slam the door in his face. His hands hold the door open and he forces his way in. He's dressed in all black.

Typical for the devil he is.

"Get out." I yell at him.

"You're cute when you're mad." Zachary says, leaning on the door.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. Folding my arms as I stare at him.

"I came to see you." He tells me and I scoff.

"Sure. Like the last time you came to see me right?" I ask, waiting for his reply.

"What are you talking about this time?" He asks me, chuckling.

"Talia Lanister, your girlfriend. And don't even try to deny it." I tell him.

"Look Vee, it's complicated." He says, rubbing his temple.

"It's always complicated with you, Zach. I don't care anymore. Please leave." I tell him.

"I didn't come all this way for nothing. I want you back, Val." He tells me and I slap him across his face.

"Why won't you let me be happy, Zach? What did I ever do to you? First, you ruin me. Then you won't let me be. Why can't you just leave me alone?" I ask him, tears of frustration rolling down my cheeks.

He pulls me into his arms and I try to push him away, but he's too strong. I hit his chest with my fist and he lets go of me, holding his chest in pain.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!!!" I yell at him.

Zachary stares at me with fiery eyes and I roll my eyes at him.

"Use the door behind you." I say, folding my arms.

"I'm not going anywhere." He says, coming close to me.

"You better keep your distance or I'll kick you in the balls." I tell him.

"I'd like to see you try." He says, standing in front of me. Lowering his eyes as he stares at me.

"You smell different." He tells me.

"Yeah, I changed my perfume. No more peaches for me." I say, looking up at him.

He presses his lips to my neck and I put my hand on his shoulder trying to push him away, but he picks me up immediately. Wrapping my legs around his waist, he pins me against the wall.

"I'm not really a fan of strawberries. I liked when you smelt like peaches. That was what my Valarie smelt like." He says and I laugh.

"I don't care about what you like, and there is no your Valarie anymore. Now, put me down." I say in a firm tone.

"Not until you agree to go on a date with me." He says, a coy smile appearing on his face.

"Not gonna happen, kiddo. I'm not going to be added to your mix of flings." I tell him.

"You of all people know I don't do flings." He says and I chuckle.

"Yeah, you do one night rendezvous'. Get the girl pregnant and disappear. Leave the scared girl in an apartment complex and run away. I know about everything you do, Zachary. You're a player. I'm done with you, so please put me down." I tell him and thankfully he listens. He puts me down and I adjust my jeans.

"You can leave now." I tell him, smiling at him.

"You're really not going to go on a date with me?" He asks me and I nod.

"You can take that girl at the diner on a date. I am not interested." I tell him.

"Wait, how did you-"

"It doesn't matter, Zachary. Please go away." I beg him.

"Fine. I'm leaving." He says, raising his arms up in fake surrender.

Finally.

"There's one more thing I have to do." He says and I roll my eyes.

"What is it? God, you're such a pain in the ass." I whine.

Zachary crashes his lips into mine and he holds me in his arms. His assault on my lips lasts for a few seconds before we're both a panting mess.

"Ahem." I hear Riley say as she stands at the door.

I push Zachary away and I smoothen my shirt.

"Riley, you're back." I say, smiling at her. I walk over to the door and I help her with her bags.

"You didn't tell me Zachary was here with you." She says, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Zachary, was just leaving." I tell her, glaring at Zachary.

"Um yeah, nice to see you again, Riley." Zachary says before he walks out of the room.

I let out a deep breath and I touch my forehead.

"What was that about?" Riley asks me.

"Oh, nothing. He wanted me to go on a date with him, but I rejected. I can't go down that path with him again." I tell her.

"Then why did I catch you kissing him?" Riley asks me.

"He was kissing me. I was the victim here." I tell her.

"Sureeeee." She says and I roll my eyes at her.

"I thought you were coming here with Nolan?" I ask her.

"He had a family emergency. His great aunt Vivian fell into a well." She tells me and I gasp.

"Whoa, I hope she's okay." I say with wide eyes.

"She is. Thankfully, the paramedics got there in time." She tells me and I relax.

"So, how was your Thanksgiving break?" I ask her, wanting all the tea.

"Well, Nolan and I booked an Airbnb. It was perfect. Just the two of us, in our own company. It was like heaven. I want to marry that man." She says, smiling as she thinks about him.

"Marry him? Someone's certain." I say, laying down on my bed.

"I knew he was the one the first day I saw him. It's like there was this undeniable chemistry between us, and you know. We couldn't avoid each other even if we tried." She tells me and I smile.

"Kind of like what you and Zachary have." She says and I scoff.

"Zachary and I are not together anymore. I don't feel anything for him." I tell her.

"Mhm." She hums, not looking convinced at all.

She knows I'm lying.