32. Jealousy Jealousy.

Chapter 32: Jealousy Jealousy.

"First of all, it's Tupperware, not tubberware." Riley says as she laughs at Tobias.

"I can call it whatever I want." He tells her and she rolls her eyes at him.

"Do the two of you ever stop fighting?" I ask them.

"Tobias is annoying, so I'm guessing no." Riley says, taking out her binder from her bag.

"Very funny." Tobias says, sarcastically.

I take a sip out of my grape juice box as I reply Adam's message. It's been a while since we've spoken, so it's nice that we're talking right now.

"Who are you texting?" Riley asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"No one." I say, placing the phone on the table.

Cool breeze travels through the quad, making me zip up my jacket.

"Does this no one have a name?" She asks me.

"It's my best friend, Adam." I tell her and she nods.

"Are you guys going to the baseball game today?" Tobias asks as he drops his plastic forks in his plate.

"Nope." I tell him.

"Obviously." Riley says, staring at my cast. "I'll come with you." She tells Tobias.

"It's a date." He says, smiling at her. I make a barf sound and they both stare at me.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds to it. I have a class to get to." I say before I stand up. I almost fall over, but I hold the table to steady myself. Grabbing my crutches, I slide out of the bench. Slinging my purse over my shoulder before I put the crutches under my arms.

"Bye, Vee." Riley waves as she smiles at me.

"Bye." I say, hobbling away from them.

I'm tired of this crutch life. My ankle is taking it's sweet time to heal, so I'm stuck with these stupid ass sticks.

My purse slips off my hand and falls to the ground.

"Shit." I curse loudly.

I try bending to pick it up, but before my hand touches the purse, another snatches it.

"I got it." The voice says and I look up.

It's Ethan.

You know, the guy from the nightclub.

"Thank you." I tell him.

"I'll hold on to this while I walk you to your dorm." Ethan says and I shake my head.

"You don't have to do that. I can manage." I tell him.

"Well, I don't want you to manage." He says, smirking at me.

"Thank you." I tell him as I put the crutches under my arm again.

"Take it easy." He says and I nod.

***

"That's not what it means." I objected.

"Sure. So, what does it mean?" He asks me.

"National Aeronautics and Space Administration." I tell him and he shakes his head. "What? Google it." I say, folding my arms as I stare at him with a smile on my face.

"I believe you." He says, chuckling.

"Because I'm right." I say with pride.

"Nope." He says, tapping my nose with his index finger.