4. Jacket.

Chapter 4: Jacket.

"You got a B minus, Miss Stone." Mr. Cummings says, smiling at me as he hands me my paper.

What does he mean by a B minus?

I worked my ass off on that essay.

Sort of.

Fine.

After the party, I was too tired to even write a single word. I just copied an entire article from Wikipedia and turned it in.

College is so hard guys.

I walk out of my journalism class and head for the school's café.

They have the best croissants.

"Who spit in your bean curd?" Tobias asks me as he slings his arm around my shoulder, walking beside me.

I let out a tired sigh before saying "Do you know where I can get a gun?"

Tobias looks at me in shock.

"I know I'm annoying, but if I was becoming unbearable you should've just told me. Not send me to get the murder weapon." He says, shoving me playfully.

"I meant a bedazzling gun. Jesus!!!" I say, laughing.

"Sure. I am a fashion major, I got you." He says and I roll my eyes at him.

"Where's Riley?" I ask him.

"She's on a date with Nolan." He says, typing away on his phone.

"Ah, young love." I sigh as we walk towards the school's café.

"I need to find you a boyfriend." Tobias says and I chuckle.

"Your main concern should be becoming a boyfriend. You're lonelier than I am." I tell him as we pass the Poison Ivies practicing under the mahogany tree in the middle of the school.

"I am not. I have Imogene." He says, smacking my arm.

"Seems like someone's lost." Camila says, walking up to us as she stands in front of me, blocking my way.

"I'm sorry. Have we met?" I say, acting like I don't know who she is.

"You don't know who I am?" She asks, folding her arms as she stares at me.
Her hazel eyes glistening as the sun kissed them.

"Am I supposed to?" I counter, folding my arms as I face her head on.

"Know your place." She says, before she sashays over to her squad.

What a bitch!

"What was that about?" Tobias asks me as we enter the café.

"Like I would know." I reply as I grab a tray from the pile beside the serving station.

***

"What do you mean by you forgot to call me?" I ask Hannah as I apply more glitter to the neck of the jacket in my hand.

I am currently bedazzling jackets for Riley, Tobias and I. We're going to be the hottest clique on campus.

That sounds weird.

What have I become?

"I've been so busy." She tells me and I shake my head.

So have I.

"It's fine, really. So, when was the last time you heard from Chad?" I ask her and I hear another voice, it's a male voice.

"Um...Val, I'll call you back. I gotta go." She says and hangs up before I can even reply.