5. Rooftop.

Chapter 5: Rooftop.

"Why are you going out with him again?" Riley asks me as she straightens my hair.

"Because he asked me to." I tell her, taking another Doritos chip from the bag.

"I know that, but why you?" She asks and I frown at her through the mirror.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just want to know why he's taking you, he has a girlfriend." She says, parting my hair.

"I don't know, okay. He just asked me and I agreed. Now, can you finish up, he's almost here." I tell her.

"So much for gratitude." Riley says, smacking my arm.

"Ouch!!!" I exclaim.

Riley drops the flat iron on the vanity and combs my hair.

"Thanks for doing this." I tell her as she runs the brush through my hair.

"It's nothing, really." She tells me before she stops her movements and taps my shoulders.

"I better put my dress on now." I say as I step out of the sweatpants I have on.

I grab the lilac silk dress from the hanger and I put it on. The smooth material hugging my curves. I pair the dress with crystal heels and a necklace.

"How do I look?" I ask Riley and her mouth falls open as she stares at me.

"Dress like that everyday and you'll have the boys on campus around your little finger." She tells me.

My phone dings and I check it to see if I have a text from Grayson.

It's him.

"He's outside." I tell Riley.

"What are you waiting for? Go." Riley urges me.

"But do I really look okay? I mean, I'm meeting his parents tonight and I really want to make a good first impression." I say, panicking.

"Just go already. You look fine." She says, pushing me towards the door.

"Wait, I think I left my-" Riley pushes me out before I can even complete my sentence.

I take a deep breath as I walk outside the dorm. I search for Grayson's car but I don't see it. Instead, I see a white limo parked in front of my dorm.

"Wow. You look stunning." Grayson tells me as he walks towards me.

He is dressed in a striped suit and he has on a black bowtie.

"Hey." I say, shyly.

"Um..." He gulps. "I came to pick you up in this limo hope it's not too much." He tells me and I blink at him.

Really, Valarie.

Blinking is not a way of communication, you dumbo.

"N-no. It's not." I manage to say.

What is he doing to me?

It's like I can't speak when he's around me.

"Shall we?" He asks me and I nod before I slide inside the limo. There's champagne in an ice bucket beside the arm rest. The car is cold and I mentally scold myself for not bringing a scarf.

Grayson gets in beside me and I place my head on his shoulder, getting comfortable. His body tenses at first but then slowly relaxes.

"This is nice." He comments.

"Mhm." I hum as the car begins to move.

About an hour and a half passes by and we're finally pulling into a driveway.