2. Sand

Chapter 2: Sand.

"We have to drop jaws tonight." Riley says as she stares at herself in the mirror.

There's a bonfire happening tonight and I really don't want to go.

"Do we really have to go?" I ask her.

"Yes we do." She says as she tries on another dress.

"Ugh." I groan as I stand up from my bed and look through my drawer for something to wear.
"Can I wear sweats?" I ask her as I pull out a pair of sweatpants from the drawer.

"Absolutely not." She says, grabbing them from my hands.

"Why is college so hard? I just want to sleep in." I complain.

"It's literally our first party and you're already tired. You better strap up because this is only the beginning." Riley tells me as she sits down on the chair in front of her desk and starts curling her hair.

I pull out a red cashmere dress that stops above my knee and I pair it with white converse. I change into the outfit and I start working on my makeup. I really don't want to go but I should at least make an effort if Riley's gonna force me there anyway.

Twenty minutes later, we're getting out of Nolan's car. The building we're standing in front of is like an abandoned warehouse or something.

"Come on." Riley says, tugging my arm as she pulls me towards the building.

"I thought the bonfire was at the school." I ask her as we walk inside the building. The music from the huge stereos almost makes me deaf.

"We're not going to that one. This one's much better." She tells me before Nolan takes her away from me.

I start walking towards god-knows-where, damn this place is huge. I end up in the back where there's a huge bonfire beside the beach.

How didn't I know, we were at the beach?

"Hey." Ainsley says as he stands in front of me.

Not this again.

"Hi." I say, smiling through my teeth.

"Would you like a beer?" He asks me.

"Nope." I tell him.

"How about vodka?" He suggests.

"I'm good." I tell him as I sit on the sand beside the water.

"So, tell me about yourself." He says, sitting beside me.

He's not giving up easily.

"Well, you already know my name, what else do you wanna know?" I ask him.

"Anything. From your favorite color to your favorite musician, just anything." He says, staring at me.

"My favorite color is blue and I like Keith Yarander." I tell him.

"No way." He exclaims.

"What?" I ask him, slightly confused.

"You're the girl he gave a lap dance on stage." He says on realization.

Did that shit really go viral?

"Mhm." I hum.

We just sit there, staring at the water in silence before he finally speaks up.

"I'll go get us drinks." Ainsley tells me and I nod. He stands up and walks away. I just keep staring at the ocean.

"Hey." I hear someone say.

Looking behind me, I see a guy with blue hair smiling at me. His chiseled jawline is literally calling my name as I lick my lips as I stare at him.