29. Flowers.

Chapter 29: Flowers.

"Tobias, stop." Riley cries.

He has been tickling her since we arrived at Bob's diner. The two of them are on a date, but they asked me to tag along. They said they didn't want me wallowing in my own self pity. Apparently, that's what I've been doing since my split from Amir.

Yeah.

Amir and I broke up.

Shocker.

Not really.

And before you judge me and say all that "You're still in love with Zachary" bullshit." I'll have you know that Amir was far from perfect.

Okay, I lied.

He was the perfect example of the perfect boyfriend. He was caring, funny, smart, hot and so successful. But clearly that wasn't enough for me, because two days ago I called things quits. I realized that no matter what I told myself, I was never gonna have genuine feelings for him.

And I tried.

I really did.

But, the feelings never came.

Guess he was just a rebound.

"Would you guys like to order now?" The waitress asks us.

"No, we just-"Riley starts, but I interrupt her.

"Yes. Absolutely. I'll have a cheeseburger, extra cheesy you know what I mean?" I say, winking at her.

"Um, no. No, I don't." The waitress says, looking confused.

"A soda, French fries and onion rings. Thanks." I add, smiling at her.

"Whoa, calm down, Vee. You're going crazy with the stress eating." Tobias tells me.

"Pfft, stressed? I'm not stressed." I say, tying my hair up. "So, what's good. How have you guys been?" I ask them.

"Don't try to change the subject, we're talking about you now." Riley says, folding her arms as she stares at me.

"Well, I don't want to talk about myself right now." I say, rolling my eyes at her.

"You can't keep acting like you're fine. You're really not." Tobias says and my blood boils.

These two are being annoying more than usual.

"Can you guys just drop it? I'm fine." I say, leaning into my seat.

"Here you go, cheeseburger with extra cheese. A soda, French fries and onion rings." The waitress says, placing my order on the table.

I don't feel like eating anymore.

I'm leaving.

"Um, you guys can eat this. I'm not hungry anymore." I say, sliding out of the booth.

"What?" Tobias says as he stares at me.

"Where are you going?" Riley asks me.

"Back to my dorm. I'll see you guys." I tell them before I walk out of the diner.

I get into my car and I drive back to the Bradford campus.

***

Okay, I think I might be depressed.

Well, I don't want to self diagnose or nothing. But I haven't eaten all day, I'm wrapped under my covers and Aerosmith is blasting through the speakers in my room. Thank goodness Amanda is out right now, can't have her witnessing this pity party.