𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

Standing next to Yamaguchi, who was also eating a nikuman, [Name] took a small mouthful of his

Standing next to Yamaguchi, who was also eating a nikuman, [Name] took a small mouthful of his. The [color]-rette observed the interactions of the others (particularly the fighting two fruit duo as Daichi, the captain, scolded them), as he had met them through Kiyoko.

Speaking of Kiyoko, the third year already went home. Despite the fact that she and [Name] were both heading in the same direction, she went first because she needed to run some errands.

"[Name]-chan."

Name] pulled out from his reverie and looked to his side, where he noticed Yamaguchi staring at him. "What is it?" he asks as he sips his [favorite drink]. "About what happened two years ago...why did you disappear?" the teen with dark green hair trailed off.

"We tried calling you but your phone number no longer existed..."

"Ah..." [Name] sighed gently as he reflected on the past occurrences. "When my brother and grandmother heard the news that my father and mother had died in a car accident, they brought me back to Korea," he added quietly, not wanting anyone to hear.

Tsukishima's and Yamaguchi's eyes widened as they realized what they had just heard.

...

'It's too quiet...'

The walk is awkward to say the least.

It wasn't awkward when Yamaguchi was with them, but it is now. Tsukishima could only catch a glimpse of the [color]-rette out of the corner of his eye, observing that he's entirely unbothered by the stares, knowing that he'd gazed at him all day, literally burning a hole in the teen's brain. The tense and unpleasant atmosphere that swirled about them was unmistakable.

"[Name]... I..."

He began, which drew the attention of the latter, who raised an eyebrow at him. He opened his mouth, then shut it again. The words he wanted to say were lodged in his mouth; why...why couldn't he...

Apologize?

Is it because he was afraid? He didn't know to be honest.

Will [Name] forgive him when he says 'sorry'?

No...Tsukishima knows.

"I understand you wanted to apologize, but I'm not sure I can accept it just now."

Tsukishima flinched at the coldness of their voice, [Name]'s face remained impassive, but tsukishima could see the pain and sadness in his [color] eyes. Tsukishima look down as the silence envelopes them yet again.

He couldn't think of anything to say.

Just where are his guts go like when he's insulting someone like the king and shrimp?!

He jerked his head up, when a hand ruffling the strands of his hair, and he turned to face the ice prince, who gave him a faint smile.

"See you tomorrow tsu-chan..."

THUMP

[Name] then walked away, leaving him behind.

'Why is it my heart pounding so loudly?!'

Tsukishima placed his hand over his hammering heart, which roared in his ears. His spectacles were slipping slightly on the bridge of his nose, and his other free arm was covering his mouth. As he saw [Name]'s shadow fade away on the corner, he was certain his face was flushed.

"See you..."