06, something to fight for

THE WORST FEELING IN the world is thinking your loved one is gone

THE WORST FEELING IN the world is thinking your loved one is gone. The way you can feel your heart crumble as your mind tries to comprehend what happened but your body already knows. The feeling of shock running through you while you feel sick to your stomach.

Daphne couldn't see what was happening because of the endless tears in her eyes, only hearing the sounds of the train that had just killed her boyfriend passing by her and Thomas on the tracks. Neither of them could say anything, Thomas stood silent while the brunette girl just continue to sob. She turned around to face the wall, leaning her head against it while she covered her face with her hands, letting out more broken cries.

The sounds of the train stopped and Daphne could feel Thomas walking away from her. She was confused when she heard two groans, immediately turning around to see Newt sitting up on the track, Gally offering his hand to him. Daphne's eyes widened and she ran over as fast as she could. Gally pulled Newt off the tracks and as soon as the blond stood up Daphne wrapped her arms around her boyfriend. She tried not to cry but failed, hugging him tighter.

"Daph," Newt said, hugging her back just as tight. "What happened?"

"I thought I lost you!" She yelled and Newt stared at her, noticing the heartbroken look on her face. He wiped her tears before placing a soft kiss on the top of her head. "You cannot die on me, ever, okay? Ever!"

"Okay." He whispered, trying not to smile as she calmed down. "Stop crying, darling, I'm fine."

"Never were great runners, were we, Newt?" Gally smirked.

Newt shook his head, sighing, "I only got one good leg."

"And I only got one good lung." Gally shrugged.

"And I only got one good mind that somehow hasn't gone insane because you dumbasses!" Daphne mumbled, holding Newt's hand. She looked up at him, seeing the new cut on his face.

"I'm okay." He promised her.

-

The lights from the city reflected in Daphne's blue eyes as she stared at it in amazement. Every building flowed with lights, decorating the city. Newt spoke first, "This is a long way from the Glade."

"Fifteen minutes to mandatory curfew. Please proceed home in an orderly fashion. Remember, this is for your safety. Thank you for your compliance." A voice on a speaker announced.

"Yeah, we better get off these streets." Gally suggested. "And I know it's hard, but act like you've seen it before."

"I'll do my best." Daphne mumbled before Gally began to run, the other Gladers following them. "They've definitely upped security. I'm guessing you shanks have something to do with that. All right, let's get outta here."

They ran through the city, eventually stopping at a wall. Gally held his hands out, saying, "All right, Newt, you're up."

The blond stepped on his hands, using them as step to get on to the wall. Gally looked at the girl, "Daph."