Chapter 10

Dinner was absolutely immaculate.

*A/N: or as my good friends say, ✨tantalizing✨*

It was Chinese stir fry with sweet and sour chicken

*A/N: Icl, that looks leng*

There was a lot of tension but I needed to know something so I texted Peter,

Peter: Does May know?

                                                                                                                                                        Me: No!

I nodded to him at the table and carried on eating.

"Is.. is there something going on between you two?" Aunt May asked. We looked at each other. "No!" we both said while eating.

"Whatever you say!" May answered as the smiled into her food.

"Thanks May, that was lovely!"
"Ye really nice, Aunt May!"

We made ourselves back upstairs into Peter's room and shut the door.
"So.....?" Peter asked.
"Well I might as well show you other than tell you..." I said as I got up. "Think of something!"
Peter thought long and hard about..... food?! Then fruits and vegetables started appearing everywhere.
"That's not all.." I said, as the flashing red orb came from my hands again and all the fruits disappeared. I showed him how I could and answer Math questions as quick as a calculator.
"You, you're magical.. in.. in both ways!" He exclaimed in awe.
"Yes I am.." I sighed. "And.. and....." My voice started to break but I couldn't cry.
"And what?" He asked softly. "Hey, don't cry, you don't have to tell me." He told me as he lifted my chin.
"No, don't pity me.. I'll tell you, I... I... used to be a HYDRA operative..."
"Oh shoot.. like HYDRA HYDRA.. like bad guys, villains HYDRA!" Peter exclaimed in shock.
"...yes, but I'm not a bad guy, villain!" I shouted. "Not anymore!"

Peter searched my face, "You don't actually have parents, do you?" he asked me calmly.
I shrugged. He raised his eyebrows at me.
"No.... I don't!" I broke down into his shoulder, he was surprised but he put his hands around my waist to hug me.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything.."
"PETER!" May shouted from upstairs, "I'm going to the shops, look after Vanessa!"
"Ok, May!" He shouted back.
I was still hugging Peter, then I pulled away, "You can't tell anyone, I've been fine on my own." I whispered.
"I know but don't you get lonely.." he asked.
"I do. I used stay with this man, I remember his name, ummm, Bucky Barnes, he used to tell me stories and we had nicknames, the stories would be about him and one of his old friends called Steve, he was well funny!"
Peter just stared at me wide-eyed and open-mouthed,
"Steve, who?" He asked.
"I can't remember exactly, ummm.. Steve R...?" I tried to recall.
"No don't worry... ummm... do you know about the Avengers?" He asked me.
"Yeah they just broke the town hall the other day, and saved it at the same time, why?" I answered.
"No, I think there's going to be someone that would like to meet you..."
I was surprised. Who would want to meet me?
"Okayy... I mean.. I best be going, tell your aunt I said bye!" I sighed.
"Wait!" he grabbed my hands and spun me around, we were literally breathing on each other. *A/N: kinda cringe to write ngl*
"Let me at least walk you home.."
"Ok.." I whispered as I smiled at the floor.
We headed out of the door and into the night. My house is like 15 minutes away from his.
"Why... why did you decide to walk me home?" I asked him.
"Well," he started as he stared into the distance. "Its dark, so I just decided.."
"Its okay, " I said. "I 'enjoy your presence' "
We laughed and before we knew it, we were hand in hand, walking across the dark street.

 "I 'enjoy your presence' " We laughed and before we knew it, we were hand in hand, walking across the dark street

*something I found on Pinterest.. honestly so cute*

We finally made it outside my house.
"I guess this is goodbye.." Peter sadly said.
"No, you idiot!" I put my hand on his cheek. "This is a 'see you tomorrow'!"
He put his hand on mine, "See you tomorrow, Vanessa."
"See you tomorrow, Peter."
I watched him walk away into the night.
"I LEFT YOUR SPANISH BOOK ON YOUR BED!" I shouted after him.
"THANK YOU!" He shouted back.

PETER'S POV:

*this is going to be really short*

You won't believe this! Vanessa Hughes came to my house, and learnt that I was Spider-man all in the same flipping night! I learnt that she literally had powers too.. I think Mr Stark would want to know about this. She also mentioned a "Steve R" which is making me think that she knows Steve Rogers, Captain America. Duh. I'll have to go tomorrow and maybe I should ask her on a date, like a picnic or something.. I should probably tell Ned about it actually he's the only other person who knows about me being Spider-man. Oh shii, May's back, got to go!