CHAPTER 16

*Back to Vanessa's POV*

I don't even know what to say about last night, I mean, I just confessed to Peter that I have a crush on him, just watch the tension. I did all of my morning routine including stalking people's TikTok pages - because you gotta do what you gotta do. But then I had a knock on my room door, I expected it to be Peter but it was a package instead, it had a note on it saying:

"Hey new recruit - Bronze Assassin - we are aware that you don't have a supersuit yet, so we have decided to have one made for you. Yours Sincerely, S.H.I.E.L.D."

I ripped open the box to see the most LIT supersuit I had ever seen. The thing that made it even more interesting was that they used the idea of what I was wearing when we made the name. Cool, right?!

So basically the outfit consisted of some military combat trousers, and armored undershirt and an orange, yellow and white jacket that had B.A. embroidered on the pocket. I put the full uniform on and some combat boots to finish off the look. I put my hair into a bun and made my way downstairs for breakfast.

"Good Morning... Miss daring... soldier?!" Steve said as he looked up from his newspaper and put down his cup of coffee. "Is this your new supersuit?"

"Yes!" I excitedly said, as I looked at myself in a nearby mirror. "Isn't it great?!"

"It really is, S.H.I.E.L.D. did a great job!" He told me, as he sipped his coffee. "Peter is going to be starstruck!" 

I rolled my eyes at him as I went to sit in the chair opposite to him.

"Steve?" I started. "Can I call you that?"

He nodded, "Yeah, that's fine.."

"Do you know someone called Bucky Barnes?" I asked. He looked on sadly.

"Yes, yes I do.."

"..and.." I said trying to meet his eye contact.

"..and he was my best friend.."

"Was?" I repeated. 

He nodded and took a deep breath, "How do you know him?"

"He was my best friend too," I sighed. "While I was in HYDRA, he was like a father to me.."

"What happened to your real friend, and mother I'm guessing?"

"They shot them." I shrugged sadly, as I got up from my seat drying my face. "HYDRA shot them right in front of me, when I was four." I dusted imaginary dust from my trousers. 

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"I'm grown up now, so it doesn't really matter."

"Bucky and I, we were good friends, until I... we.." Steve trailed off. "Did he have another name when you were.."

He got interrupted by the delivery crew passing me a small rectangular package, with a HYDRA stamp on it.

"Ughhh.. what do they want now!" I groaned as I unwrapped the package. I froze in my place and fell back into the couch. "What!? There's actually no way!"