CHAPTER 15

*A/N: I feel like this might be a familiar topic for some of y'all, but it was really just what fitted into the story*

After 30 minutes of listening to Thor's old-time stories, Nat suggested that we play truth or dare.

"Of course, why not?" I said, eager to change the subject. 

"Be careful, Natasha can get very ummm...  explicit in this game," Steve warned me.

I nodded. "I can take on anything!"

"Don't say I didn't you!" Steve shrugged.

"Ok, Steve, truth or dare?" Nat asked him.

Steve rolled his eyes, "Truth, or whatever!"

"Ok... is it true that Thor is a dumb stupid old grandpa, that you stick around with because you feel his name?"

"You didn't!" Thor got up but before anything happened Steve grabbed him to sit back down.

"No that isn't true, you however..." Steve said, he knew he'd just have to let her go, she was... let's just say she had a little too much to drink.

Nat shrugged and turned to me, "Vanessa, truth or dare?" I personally thought that Steve was supposed to ask now but you know...

"Dare!" I courageously said, everyone gasped. I felt like I needed to prove something.

"Mkayyy... I dare you to sit on Peter's lap for the rest of the game."

Everyone looked at Natasha then at me then Peter. I looked at Peter, "I... I don't know?!" Peter looked at me and nodded. I went over to him and sat on his lap, obviously, feet facing sideways - legs around him is just.. no. I had my arm around him, "Sorry!" I whispered in his ear.

"Don't worry, it's for a stupid dare anyway!" he whispered back smiling.

The game of truth or dare went back and forth until it was my turn again.

"Vanessa," Nat called, I rolled my eyes, "Truth or dare."

"Truth, for flip's sake!" 

Steve looked at me and Peter, "Hate to say I told you so!"

"You just did. What's the question?"

"Do you have a crush on anyone?"

I looked around the room, I knew I did have one. "Yes... I do have a crush actually."

The whole room fell silent.

"Okaayyy, it's way past you two's bedtime!" Tony said as he shoved me and Peter out of the room and up the stairs.

"So... Bronze Assassin..." Peter sighed.

"Yep, that's me!" I announced. "The Bronze Assassin!"

"You look really pretty tonight!"

"Are you a little softie?" I teased him as I playfully hit his arm. "Thank you." We started walking down the long corridor.

"Back downstairs, you said that you had a crush.." Peter said.

"Yeah, I did.." I replied, I could see where he was going with it.

"So could you, like, describe him, or something?" He asked me shyly.

"Well... he's really cute and smart." I dreamily told him.

"Is... is he in our class?" he asked. 

I nodded, "He's like really smart, and he's just so nerdy.. but it's cute. He has brown hair and brown eyes, I want to tell him that I like him but don't REALLY know if he likes me back..."

"Hmm..." I could tell he was concentrating on who it could be. 

We finally reached our rooms, "He's also a spider," I said as I walked into my room. "Goodnight, Peter!"

Peter stood there in awe after he realized that I had a crush on him.