CHAPTER 13

Yesterday was mind-blowing, I got accepted into the flipping Avengers! I still had to go to school though... I got out of bed, brushed my teeth, showered, and changed.

*this is what she's wearing*

*A/N: that is actually a leng outfit ngl*

When I went downstairs to eat my breakfast, I got so startled to see THE Tony Stark in my flipping kitchen! 

"What the- Why... how did you get into my house, into my kitchen!" I asked confused.

He shrugged and went to go sit on MY couch with a glass of wine in his hand.

"I bought it! Right so, you are the recruit, correct?" he questioned.

I just nodded, I was so nervous; a genius millionaire basically just broke into my house and started asking me questions.

"So I guess you've met Spiderboy?" He smirked, sipping his drink.

"Yeah.. we go to the same school.." I answered.

"Right so, you need to come with me to the Avengers Tower." He said, as he got up and fixed his suit.

"I can't do that, I have school!" I rolled my eyes.

"And?"

"What do you mean 'And?'" I snapped.

"Well, Spiderboy is there already..."

I looked up at him, "So when do we leave?" I quickly said.

"We were supposed to leave approximately 10 seconds ago." He tapped his watch and stepped into his suit.

"I can fly too!" I smiled, as I rose from the ground.

"No, you can walk."

"But,"

"No 'buts', you can walk!"

*a long 15 minutes later*

Inside the Avengers Tower, Mr. Stark told me to wait out front, while he goes and tells the others that I'm here. I could tell he was staring at my scar.

"What?" I asked him, "Whatchu looking at?"

"No nothing, you've got a little something on your cheek..."

"A little something?!" I got into his face, "No it's the bloody cut I got when I was fighting those stupid robots that YOU sent!"

He just ignored me, shrugged, and walked into a room with some of the other avengers.

"Right guys, we have a new recruit, her name is Vanessa Hughes." He told them. "And a quick warning before she comes in: I wouldn't stare."

"Wait, stare at what?" Steve Rogers asked (he's Captain America)

"Well, she had a tiny accident."

"What kind of 'tiny accident'" Bruce Banner asked (he's the Hulk)

"Well... she had a fight before and it kinda didn't end well, so now she has a scar."

"So when do we meet her then?" Natasha Romanoff questioned impatiently (she's Black Widow)

"VANESSA, YOU CAN COME IN NOW!" Stark shouted for me.

I walked into the room, "..finally.."

Everyone just stared at me as if I did something wrong, "Hi!"

"Oh- that looks nasty.." Thor whispered under his breath.

"Really, Thor?" Steve sighed.

"Seriously?" Peter snapped.

"Well... I mean I'm not saying you're ugly!..." Thor said trying to save himself.

"No don't worry, you know, it's funny how the people who know me the least have the most to say..." I told him confidently.

"I like this one," Thor smirked. 

I saw Peter and Steve exchange surprised glances.

"Anyways, Vanessa, Nat will show you to your room, have you got any questions?" Mr. Stark asked.

"Loads. Like when will I meet the others and how the heck have you got all my stuff here already?!" I asked, I noticed everyone was staring at me in awe.

"You will meet the rest of the Avengers this evening actually, there's a party. And the second question.." he shrugged his shoulders. I rolled my eyes and following Nat up to a big bedroom that had a window as one of the walls so I could see the whole city. My bed was fit for a king - or a queen. I had a huge TV in my bedroom as well.

 I had a huge TV in my bedroom as well

*it looked a bit like that*

"Why did Stark do this for me?" I asked Nat.

"It wasn't Stark that thought of the idea," Nat told me, as she fixed a pillow on my bed.

"Who was it then?" I asked.

"It was Peter and Steve," she answered as she sat down on the bed, "Peter would never stop going on about you, and how he felt sorry for you being all alone."

I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes, "You gotta love him... but I did tell him not tell anyone.." Nat shrugged and smiled at me. "Wait a minute, did you say Steve like a Steve R.." I asked her excitedly.

"Yeah, Steve Rogers... how do you know about him?" Nat asked me.

"OH MY GOSH YES! STEVE ROGERS!" I excitedly screamed. "I used to be a HYDRA operative when I was younger - but we don't talk about that - and I stayed with this man called Bucky Barnes, and he, he, he told me these stories and, and he protected me and, we had these nicknames, so basically I was his doll and he was my Bucky Bear like he was like my father figure, I wonder where he is now, I mean like.." Nat stopped me there, I think I was waffling too long.

"Bucky Barnes, you said?" Nat asked

"Yeah, why?"

"No, don't worry, umm... I'll leave you to sort out your room and change for this evening's party." 

"Ok.. thank you!" I said as I put my book on my desk. I used my powers to clean my room and then I laid down on my bed and just smiled at the thought of this new transition. I looked in my wardrobe and saw that there were some new clothes with my old ones.