Chapter 23: Truth?

"I think I know where jaan is" spoke Manik making Mukti and Abhi look at him with a shocked face. They tried to search for any humour on his face but when they didn't find any, they looked at each other with an unknown expression

"Manik are you sure about what you are saying?" asked Abhi with still unreadable expression on his face. Manik looked at them with a sigh and then he started his car

"I know what I am saying Abhi, trust me on this when I say I know where she is... I will be sure of her location" Manik spoke, and this made Abhi angry

"If you have an idea about her whereabouts then why the hell are you behind these police and why can't you just take us there so that we can get where she is" Abhi spoke with an angry look and this made Manik look at him with a smile

"She is down that hill for sure, I am thinking to go and search on my own" Manik spoke and both looked at him with are-you-crazy look.

"Manik, I agree that you love her, but think it in a practical manner... are you sure that she is alive and down the hill because there might be chances that something happened to her because her clothes, things can't be removed by her and given to someone else... so there is something we are missing here" Abhi spoke, and this made Manik look at him with a smile. His reaction made the confused

"you are right on track Abhi, something happened to her and I know the root cause of that thing... wait till we reach one place because right now no place is safe for us" Manik messaged Abhi and this made them more confused. They were about to speak something but the serious look on Manik face told them not to. They obeyed and soon Manik parked the car on the roadside in an isolated area.

"Now there is one car in front of us, lets get into that car and then we will talk" Manik spoke and without giving them a chance he came out from the car and this made them confused. Having no other option, Abhi and Mukti followed him to another car, and they settled in that car. The people who are waiting in the new car sat in their old car and left from there. Manik started the car and moved in a different direction

"Now I think it's time for your answers" Manik spoke and he connected his phone to the car sound system

"Me and Nandu have an email ID where we store all our photos, so yesterday I opened that mail ID to check the photos as I was missing her but then I saw one mail which is sent from that ID itself, I got confused because the date was around one week back where we didn't meet, so I opened the mail and found a voice note from Nandini and that is where I realised what happened to her" Manik spoke and both looked at him with a curious face

'Manik, there is something wrong with the tribe living here, something seems off about their health and I don't know what it is, so I did full body check-up on one person without anyone knowing... even though we didn't have much supplies here, I sent their blood samples and based on the reports I found that in their blood there is high accumulation of metals which is acting as poison inside their body... when things are getting out of their hands they were passing away' after the information there is a pause in the voice note and listening Nandini voice, the trio had tears on their faces.

'Then I found out that the industry which is around this area is releasing all these heavy metals into the water... so I am going to meet the industry officials in 2-3 days and see what they can do in this matter' she spoke and concluded the note but then its not the end there is something more into the note which is evident by Manik reaction who now held the steering wheel tight and his eyes were red in color.

'Manik, I met the industry people today, there is something off there also Manik because the industry was a sugarcane industry but why are they releasing the heavy metals.... When I raised this topic they immediately told me that there is nothing like that and the news is completely false, when I was returning I saw that the tribal people came to the industry for some medical check-up which made me confused, I followed the person and saw that they gave drug injection to the tribal people and took them inside one room... I was about to follow but then someone saw me, and they started to chase me which was the most terrifying experience in my whole life... somehow, I escaped them and reached the camp but based on their reaction I am sure they are planning something against me Manik... I request you don't come searching for me if something happens to me because I want you to be safe and sound... take care of bhai and Mukti... please tell them I love them and will be with them always may be not physically but I will be with them in spirit and Manik I don't think I need to say something to you because the nuptial you tied is the biggest strength to me and will be back in your arms if I can succeed in this but if I don't come back to you guys in some days then realise that I am no more with you guys physically' she spoke and then there is a sniffing sound and the note was stopped playing.

The note brought tears to all of them and Manik just stopped car aside on the road and he came out of the car. He kicked the stone on the road with frustration and kneeled on the road with tears flowing from his eyes.

"Nandini" he shouted on top of his voice, seeing him like that even though Abhi and Mukti are in tears they came out of the car and kneeled beside him.

"She is strong Manik" Abhi spoke with broken voice and listening to him Manik hugged Abhi tightly and Mukti hugged both, with all of them crying.