3. Actor or Cricketer

Manik woke up from his sleep after three hours, he looked at Nandini who was sleeping with her head on his chest. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead which made her smile in her sleep and she snuggled more into manik making him grin.

"jaan" he whispered near to her ear while she didn't budge from her sleep. He slowly entangled himself from her and then he removed his shirt to keep it beside her.

He again bends down and kissed her forehead before he turned to move out from the room. He opened the room door and peeped out from the door looking in all the directions. He then came out completely from the room after seeing that the path is clear. He quickly moved out and entered his room and took a deep breath of relief.

He opened his eyes and in the next second his eyes widened in shock when he saw cabir sitting on his bed. Cabir was observing manik the moment he came to the room and this made manik tensed.

"from where you came?" cabir asked manik and he nodded his head in no. Cabir looked at manik with sharp eyes making manik tremble, but he kept his posture intact making him appear as bold person.

"what why are you looking at me like that?" manik asked him back without answering his question. This made cabir shook his head and then he stood from the bed and moved closer to manik

"remember manik I know the secret you want to hide because I just saw now from where you came but let me tell you that I am going to tell abhi and druv about this because they both also deserve to know this" cabir spoke and manik now looked at him with a horrified face. Cabir was about to cross manik when manik held his hand and made him stop.

"don't do that because Nandini doesn't want abhi to know about this yet" he spoke in a low voice which made cabir suspicious. He then moved to close the door and then turned towards manik.

"why?" he asked him and manik looked at cabir with a sad face.

"do you think that I will intentionally hide this from abhi because when he told me first that he loves my sister... I wanted to say him only first but, in my case, I am not sure that she loves me before I propose her but when she accepted me she told me that abhi shouldn't know about her relationship" manik spoke and now cabir got his clarity. He looked at manik with a wide mouth.

"so you and Nandini are in relation?" cabir asked manik and he looked at him as if he is stupid.

"stupid if you see me coming from Nandini room then it means that I am in relation with her" he spoke and cabir looked at manik with a nervous smile

"manik even I want to say something?" cabir spoke and manik looked at him with a questioning look.

"I didn't see you coming out from Nandini room, I just acted like that so that you will spill the beans out" cabir spoke and manik looked at him with an angry look. He was ready to pounce on cabir but the next words of cabir made him stop.

"if you come any further, I will say about this to abhi" he spoke and manik stood on his place glaring at cabir. His glare turned to smirk when he remembered something.

"if you say this to abhi then get ready to answer navya questions about the girl with whom you tried to flirt yesterday" he spoke and cabir looked at him with a shocked face.

"anyway, leave that and tell me from when and where did it start?" he asked manik making manik smile. Cabir saw this smile and automatically he too smiled because seeing his friend smile to this much is very new for him. What he doesn't knew is Nandini is the one who brought his smile after the death of his mother four years back and this is what made them close and made him more dependent on her.

"we were like normal friends in the start but when mom passed away, she started to be the comfort I needed, and she was the one who made me focus on my life and also on game again" he spoke and cabir smiled at them.

"I am happy about you two manik but why does Nandini want to hide this from abhi?" he asked him, and this question made manik sad again.

"you know cabir, whenever in front of me abhi used to be close with mukti, I used to think why I can't be with Nandini like this in front of anyone without the fear that someone will catch us.... there are many times when I just want to hold her hand in front of all the people and shout to them that she is mine, but I can't because I promised her that I will support all her decisions.... She thinks that if abhi gets to know that she is in relationship with me, not only he will be happy but also, she thinks that abhi will think that she is still his baby sister and not good for relation yet.... So, she wants to prove herself being a efficient doctor and then she will tell about us to him" he spoke and looked at cabir with a sad smile. Cabir looked at manik and smiled at him being proud of his friend.

"I am proud of you manik not because you chose the right girl but because you are treating her like princess" he spoke and manik smiled at him.

"now come out of your dreams and please let's move for practice" cabir spoke.

"ok you go I will just go to Nandini's room and come" manik spoke and cabir gave him a teasing look.

"what is this manik? Just now you came from her room and that without t-shirt and again you want to go there" he spoke and manik shook his head in disbelief.

"I want to go there because I have to keep a note for her otherwise, she will get tensed" he spoke and cabir nodded his head at him. He went out from the room saying manik to come fast. Manik then wore his practice clothes, moved to nandini room and kept a hand-written note beside the bed. He bent down and kissed her forehead before leaving the room making her smile in her sleep.