1 - I'm Not Fine At All

"You seem more happy than usual Phantom Thief." Kafun Munda, or otherwise known as Pollen Hero: Futsu Himawari commented. (Futsu Himawari means Normal Sunflower, as ordinary sunflowers release a lot of pollen.)

"Ah, it's nothing really. It's just a wonderful day today!" Monoma grinned, walking along as they continued their patrol.

The Pollen Hero obviously didn't believe him, but seeing as it put him in a happy mood, she chose not to make any further commentary.

Of course, it was more than just a wonderful day that made Monoma so happy. It was the day before.

-

"Why am I here Shinsou?" Monoma asked, looking at the clearing. It was a spot the two of them had stumbled upon when running together one day, and the beautiful scenery made Monoma insist they stopped to look at it each time they ran together.

"We only come here when we're running. I think it was about time for us to come here when we're not doing anything." Shinsou said, sitting on the log conveniently placed beside the lake. He picked up one of the flowers growing near it, handing it to Monoma.

"A Hanashobu? Shinsou what's going on?" Monoma questioned, sitting beside him on the log. "You've been acting kind of weird lately." His gaze turned worried. "Is someone harassing you because of your quirk again?"

Shinsou shook his head. "Nothing like that. I've just been thinking about doing something for a while now."

"What have you been thinking of doing?" Monoma queried.

Shinsou sighed. "I want to confess to someone I've liked for a while now."

Monoma felt a pang in his chest. "Oh really? What are they like?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Well for one they're really pretty." Shinsou informed, a distant, almost dreamy look crossing his face.

"Mhm." Monoma hummed.

"They can act kind of crazy, but underneath all of that they're actually a big softie."

'Who even is that? It could sound like Bakugou, but he's definitely not pretty.' Monoma thought.

"They're also very smart and can make amazing tactics. They don't think their quirk is really powerful though." Shinsou continued.

Wait. Someone smart, can make amazing tactics, doesn't think their quirk is powerful, really pretty, act kind of crazy but is actually a big softie-

"Y-You like me?" Monoma asked, eyes raising to his hairline. He could see a faint blush adorning Shinsou's features.

"Yeah." The lavender haired boy responded softly.

"Oh."

There was silence.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Monoma burst out, lightly punching Shinsou's arm.

"Wait what?" Shinsou questioned, bewildered.

"You should have told me sooner! Who knows what we could have done by now if you had said something!" Monoma exclaimed, standing up.

He held his hand out to Shinsou, who looked at both boy and boy's hand for a few seconds before accepting.

Monoma smiled.

"Let's not waste anymore time! Shinsou, we're going on our first date now!"

"What-"

-

The hero and hero student continued with their patrol, stopping small crimes like purse snatchers and small time muggers as they went. They soon stopped at an outdoor fast food joint to eat and have their lunch break.