8 - Just Some Twisted Dream

The two made it to Recovery Girl's office in record time, Kendo leading the way, obviously excited about the awakening of her friend. Shinsou swallowed as they walked, buzzing with anticipation at what would surely be his next encounter with the previously unconscious blond.

Kendo knocked, practically filled with elation at what was soon to come, oblivious to Shinsou's inner turmoil. The door opened to reveal Monoma, who sat at the edge of the bed, facing the wall in front of him. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as he stared at the wall, or rather the poster on it.

"I've seen this somewhere before." The blond said, out of almost nowhere.

"Yes, you have." Recovery Girl sighed, as she looked up briefly from the papers she was working on. "I assume you two are here to see Monoma?"

Kendo nodded, as they walked to where the periwinkle eyed boy sat in concentration. "Hey." Kendo greeted.

Monoma turned to look at them, mumbling, "Why does everything I see seem familiar?"

"He'll need a few days to fully recover. I plan on keeping him in the infirmary until that time." Recovery Girl informed.

"But why?" Kendo asked. "He was allowed to come to school earlier."

"That was because we couldn't afford him missing almost 2 weeks of class. Now, it's healing faster, so he'll be able to catch up at that point." Recovery Girl explained.

"Hey, do you know who I am?" Kendo asked, turning to look at Monoma.

-

When the orange haired girl in front of him asked that, Monoma froze. She seemed familiar, but he just couldn't a specific label on it. She was here to see him, so maybe they were friends? Was he friends with the lavender haired boy as well?

"My friends?" Monoma said, the lilt in his voice making it sound more of a question than an answer.

The girl smiled, chuckling. "Good guess. I'm Kendo, and this is Shinsou." She said, pointing at the boy behind her. "You'll remember us soon enough though, so you don't need to bother with remembering our names now."

Monoma blinked up at her words. Remember them soon enough?

"We're here!" A voice called, and multiple people entered the room. Again, they gave off familiar vibes, but Monoma couldn't figure out why. It was so frustrating, the information being so close yet so far.

"How did you two get here before us?" One of them asked, looking at Kendo and Shinsou, if Monoma remembered correctly.

"Two people are more coordinated than an entire class. Besides, as Class President, I had to be first. Shinsou was just lucky enough to be there." Kendo teased.

"Class B, Shinsou, please say what you want to and leave. I still need to run some tests on Monoma, and it'll soon be time for your curfew." The grey haired woman ordered, moving from her desk to sit in the chair near Monoma's bed, watching intently.

A few groans and sighs passed, before a few people walked up to him, giving him a box. Monoma looked up at them, confirming that it was for him. A girl with light green hair that looked like vines nodded, and Monoma opened it. Inside was a golden stopwatch, and the sound of it ticking away intrigued Monoma. Checking the clock on the wall, they told the same time.

"Why?" He whispered.

"You'll find out soon." Another girl with darker green hair said mysteriously, turning around. "Alright, it's time to head back!"

-

It was dark.

Recovery Girl- she had finally told him her name- had finished her tests hours ago, but Monoma just couldn't sleep.