11 - You Told Me You Were Leaving

Monoma got up the next morning feeling odd. It wasn't quite a happy feeling, no, but it felt calming.

Then Monoma smirked. Oh right, it was the satisfying feeling of having planned out his revenge on Shinsou.

Recovery Girl had come in later and run some more tests on him, to be sure there were no problems. Confirming he was good enough to leave the infirmary, she let Monoma put on his uniform (which had been so graciously delivered by Kendo), and head out.

Monoma made his way to the Class 2 B classroom, knowing his classmates would be awaiting his return.

He peeked through the small window in the door to see Vlad King talking in front of them, probably giving some announcements. After saying a certain word, his teacher gestured towards the door, so Monoma took it as his cue to enter.

Opening the door, the sound of desks scraping tile was immediately heard, and soon Monoma was crushed between 19 other bodies.

Monoma smiled. It was nice to be back.

Vlad King had eventually separated them and continued with the announcements, before Present Mic came in for his English class. He gave Monoma quick wink and a congratulations on getting better. They had never been especially close, but Monoma knew he was the blond's favorite student because of his understanding of English, so Monoma didn't question it.

Soon, it was time for lunch. Monoma didn't bother with going to the cafeteria, because he knew Shinsou wouldn't be there- each Monday he would prefer to take his food and eat outside. It was blurry, but Monoma vaguely remembered seeing Shinsou outside during a particular day. He also remembered feeling anxious, but he couldn't remember why.

Monoma made his way out of the school and towards a small field near the building, looking out for Shinsou. Maybe it was a bit suspicious to be walking up to him first if he was trying to act like he had forgotten Shinsou, but he needed to see the look on Shinsou's face when he realized that the person he allegedly 'liked' had forgotten him.

Soon Monoma spotted the lavender haired boy sitting with his back to a tree not to far off, his tray on the ground beside him. He seemed to be in thought, though Monoma didn't know what he could have been thinking about.

Maybe it's Kaminari. The blond thought with a scowl.

He changed his face back to a neutral one, walking up to Shinsou carefully and purposefully, smiling when the other male glanced up at the sound of Monoma's footsteps.

"Hey." Monoma said softly, taking a seat beside him, avoiding the lunch tray.

Shinsou turned to face him and smiled. "Hey. Recovery Girl told me you're doing better now?"

Monoma nodded, changing his facial expression to look apologetic. Time to drop the bombshell. "I remember mostly everything, but there's something I have to tell you..."

Shinsou's eyes furrowed at Monoma's tone of voice. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm sorry, please don't blame me for this Shinsou, but I just can't remember you. I remember everyone else, even Kaminari, but for some reason nothing about you rings any bells." The blond lied.

-

Shinsou stayed still, trying to grasp the situation.

"I just can't remember you." Monoma had said.

Shinsou blinked rapidly, hoping, praying he had heard wrong. "What was that?" He asked.

"I said I don't remember you Shinsou. I'm sorry for that, but at least we can still be friends, yes?" Monoma asked, giving Shinsou a hopeful smile.