9 - Was It Just A Lie?

Words that cut out:
Neito;
Awase;
Vlad King;
Quirk;
Mutation;
Quirk;
Sport Festival;
Quirks;
Quirks; (yes, again)
U.A High Schoool;
Hero;
Hero Outfit.

After heading back to the infirmary, Monoma sighed. After all the trouble he'd gone through the 'get some fresh air', it only served to give him a slight headache and an encounter with someone who was supposed to be his alleged friend.

He got back into the white bed, closing his eyes. He hoped this time he would be able to sleep, he needed a distraction from life at the moment.

Kendo.

Kendo.

KendoKendoKendoKendo.

Itsuka Kendo.

Wait- How do I know that's her full name?

-

Monoma greeted the class in front of him with such overwhelming bravado that he would have been better off if he was in a movie. "Hello my fellow classmates! It's a definite pleasure to meet you all, and I'm sure we'll all enjoy our time together! I am Monoma N----, a descendant-"

"We don't care about your fucking rich kid heritage." A boy with a headband said, rolling his eyes. A----, if Monoma was not mistaken.

"You don't need to be so rude." Kendo chided, smiling at Monoma. "V--- ---- said we have 2 minutes each for introductions for this 40 minute period, so please go on."

"You're only fueling his ego!" Another boy shouted. He looked like some sort of humanized bug, though Monoma wasn't surprised.

Why wasn't he surprised? What about everyone else? Why don't I remember their names?

Everyone had a ----- now, so seeing people with m--a----n quirks was not an uncommon thing. It was also so fun when he would use his own ----- to copy them.

Copy? What do I copy? What's going on? It's like I'm watching a movie with me in it but... I'm not me. I'm not in my body.

Monoma gave a gracious smile and continued, ignoring the silent pleas of his new classmates for him to talk about something other than his 'fucking rich kid heritage.'

-

"Think about it. If they want this to be a tournament, they need at least 40 people. We can enter without being flashy like that horrendous Class A will most likely be, and surprise them when we get to the next stages. The plan's really simple, really." Monoma explained, pointing at his whiteboard. He had definitely not conjured it up during the middle of the night after the announcement about the S---- F------. Definitely.

"Are you sure we should trust you? This could all just be a plot for you to win." Someone accused. Their face was horrifically blurry, like he had intentionally decided to forget their existence at that moment.

Classmates? Whiteboard? Plans? What am I planning for? What's going on?

"Don't say that." Kendo said, standing up for him. "Monoma isn't that kind of person. Sure, he can act like a narcissist, but that doesn't equal evil or bad."

"I guess that's true." Blurry person admitted. "He relies on others to copy their ------ anyway, so he's smart enough to know that wouldn't work out well for him. "

...Standing up for me?

-

"All you do is copy ------! How am I supposed to think of training regimens for you?"