Chapter Five

Taylor Swift's POV

I woke up,feeling pretty good and comfortable.

Then I remembered I was in a new country, a new continent.

Sick.

Reluctantly I got out of bed, checking my plan.

I was going to do this as soon as possible,kidnap and go.

I went into the toilet; I had completely forgotten about the hole in there, I left it for today, I couldn't be asked to check it out last night.

But I was going to check it now.

Going back to grab my phone, I moved the bathtub to reveal the hole and turned my flashlight on.

It was a slide, and darkness.

Well, if I wanted to know what was down there, I would have had to either ask my father, or go down.

I obviously chose the latter.

I put my legs through, keeping 999 on speed-dial, and I slid.

Darkness.

Falling.

I screamed; it was extremely steep, and any second now, I would land on my feet and break my bones on the cold hard ground that must have been waiting for me.

Instead, the hole widened and I fell on a soft, huge mattress.

My phone was clutched tightly in my hand, and I flashed the light around the room, finding a lot of things.

A bed and a desk.

Wow.

I saw a four shiny silver objects on the corners of the bed, and as I walked towards it, I realised they were cuffs to hold someone down.

Hm.

There was a light switch I spotted as I walked around.

I turned it on, and went to the desk.

Inside were envelopes, and two guns with bullets.

I opened the first envelope.

'24/06/94
Elizabeth. Watch your surroundings.

~Des.'

What?

There was something off about this,and it didn't seem like Des said this in a kind way.

I opened the second one.

'25/06/94
Des, don't do this. I have a daughter, Taylor is a child, have some common sense.Just stop."

It was pretty clear this was my mother, even though it wasn't signed.

I opened the rest, going through them one by one.

'27/06/94
I want the money Elizabeth, three o' clock tomorrow afternoon, behind the Miniso Cafe.'

'29/06/94
You have enough money for a lifetime! Why would you want more from me? Earn it yourself. And don't write to me or come near my family again.'

So Des wanted money from my mother.

Hm.

I opened the last letter

'04/08/94

I didn't get my money, you lost your wife Scott. What a shame, your own daughter won't have a mother now because of you.

Send this to the police and you will regret it. Mark my words,I have a lot of dirty evidence that can give you decades in jail.'

Des killed my mother.